Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS series 1 6l80e shift handle replacement

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Hi all,
I am interested in replacing the stock auto shift handle with a pistol grip or another more interesting and am looking for advice on options as I can’t seem to find any that fit. I’ve searched the forum and got 0 results so apologies if this has been disussed before.
Thanks heaps
Fallsy

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
EF9F98A1-62C8-4D7A-B01D-AA30363617B6.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Do it the right way by putting flippy flappy paddles on your steering wheel, then get them programmed (assuming it can be done for your car).
After all, it's just an auto and not a manual where a short shift gear leaver can supposedly provide some tangable benefits.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Do it the right way by putting flippy flappy paddles on your steering wheel, then get them programmed (assuming it can be done for your car).
After all, it's just an auto and not a manual where a short shift gear leaver can supposedly provide some tangable benefits.

Just stick it in Sport mode and roll on the fun!

H

harrop.senator

Shame about the tacky ripshift logo on that other one. Always loved a good pistol grip.

Looking at a drop box ratchet Hurst for my senator with a proper b body wood handle pistol grip lol. Let the haters hate nothing says muscle car more then a footprint gas pedal and a ratchet shifter.

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Thanks for the replies......options are certainly limited!

I dont want the flappy paddles as this is more about look and comfort than performance. My car is cammed and i roll it into neutral at the lights; which, due to driving in Sydney is pretty regular, and I want something that looks different and feels good.

I’ll take a closer look at the Ripshift Imoengnr.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fair enough :)

Post a couple of pics of the install and let us know how you like it once it’s all done ;) You may inspire a return of retro 70 muscle look :cool: