Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS ute prices VE era?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm sure you'll miss the company of others on your bus trip to and from work, now you have bought this... :p

Congrats on the buy.....Now let the fun times begin...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found out there is a chance I can get a lift this Sunday. Have to see what happens as we have a busy day Saturday, which involves a decent drive.
Once I pick it up and wash it I will start a build thread.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Yeah nice buy finally! When I when I was looking at this the other day and sore 400hp I recalled a post of you with the VR saying you were hesitant to put the foot down. I then pictured your face in this and lold.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This thing is going to have enough power to scare Losh.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
Thread title is pretty specific, SS ute prices-VE, VF era.....
I bought a 2012 VE SS Z series ute in 2018 for 23.5k. 77k on the clock. Auto. It came with OTR air intake and 2.5 inch cat back xforce exhaust. Have since added stainless xtractors. These cars are awesome and an actual pleasure to drive. Keep in mind that independent rear end makes driving a pleasurable experience, they are not designed for work. 500kg payload as to a Ford with leaf spring rear will never compare with driving the SS it is rated at 1000kg. A newer type Ford ute would certainly be a better choice as a work horse but I know my black Betty actually makes me want to drive her and no man can ask for more than that!
Hope this helps a bit mate.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You'll be fine vt-vz & ve-vf platforms are heaps easier to drive sideways compared to the better looking vg-vs old jalopies utes haha

Shorter gears will make it easier to take off & drive around everywhere at low rpm versus stock diff gears..some even get better economy

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice one. Another good thing about the VE/VF the ute finally got a usable space behind the seats.