Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssv ve 2006 commodore

Shotgun_pimp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv 2006
My 2006 ssv ve commodore i just bought at 185000 kms for 16500 , was a good buy to me, im stoked , just got my good local mechanic to give it a one over, change diff oil, drive belts,throttle body clean , and slight radiator leak…. I have a tapping from the lifters getting more frequent.. do i change leads and plugs then 5-30 oil before i go in and put ls7 lifter replacements in? How long before this noise fucks the engine? And are my first options the best thing to start with?

Shotgun_pimp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv 2006
My 2006 ssv ve commodore i just bought at 185000 kms for 16500 , was a good buy to me, im stoked , just got my good local mechanic to give it a one over, change diff oil, drive belts,throttle body clean , and slight radiator leak…. I have a tapping from the lifters getting more frequent.. do i change leads and plugs then 5-30 oil before i go in and put ls7 lifter replacements in? How long before this noise fucks the engine? And are my first options the best thing to start with?
V8 lover wanting his baby to purr and growl