Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

St3alth's VR Calais

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Yeah .. I've been tossing ideas around in my head for a while now.
I'm not looking for ALOT of power.. Always said this car will be the death of me. Just something around the 200rwkw mark. My research proves the Buick can do that quite comfortably on low boost.
The thing about FI is that its exactly... Well .. Forced. Doesn't matter if your boosting a v8 or v6 .. It's performing beyond what it was originally designed to do. You can counter act that with a stronger bottom end and all the other bits and pieces.

From my research, the Buick tends to respond well to boost. The most restrictive thing being the heads, open them up a little and I should have a responsive engine with a solid torque curve. Nothing too overboard to keep me out of too much trouble.

I do appreciate your opinion, I would love to hear a lot more too :)

Cheers,
Jake.

Maybe a stroked L67?? Would be nice. Unless your really attached to the buick then maybe just stroke it with a side mount?? I know the ecotec makes 215fwkw and 411nm torque stroked N/A not sure what buick would make tho.

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
Hey Jase, been a while.
Yeah l67 is nice .. Yeah there's a 200 odd Rwkw N/A VR v6 on here somewhere. I'm not looking for max power.. Just something to keep me happy.
I want to maintain drive ability .. Keep it as a cruiser. Economy would be nice, as it's my daily.

I'll reach my target of 200 Rwkw with a simple single turbo with a small cooler, running on about 13-14 psi on a stock engine.

In the mean time .. Looking for a cam I can punch in now..that will suit the future turbo.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Jase, been a while.
Yeah l67 is nice .. Yeah there's a 200 odd Rwkw N/A VR v6 on here somewhere. I'm not looking for max power.. Just something to keep me happy.
I want to maintain drive ability .. Keep it as a cruiser. Economy would be nice, as it's my daily.

I'll reach my target of 200 Rwkw with a simple single turbo with a small cooler, running on about 13-14 psi on a stock engine.

In the mean time .. Looking for a cam I can punch in now..that will suit the future turbo.

Maybe do a freshen up on the engine?? Like a standard rebuild kit for under $1000 and have a fresh buick to go with the turbo.. That way you will have alot more reliability to go with the power?? And you could do the heads while your at it or you could do what i told C4L4IS (i think) and put ecotec heads on it for the better flow?? Alot of options

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
All on the drawing board mate :)

Ecotec heads ..? Didn't think that was possible lol.

Im pretty sure they go on… If i remember correctly SC did it with V6 vengence or was planning to do the ecotec top end and buick bottom end anyway.. Il try find the mag and have a look to make sure..

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
So my heater is working !
Since I've owned it the heater didn't work.
Re routed heater hoses and shot up heater core.

New heater tap
New heater core
New cooling/heater hoses

It's working now :)
Takes a long time to heat up though. Think my thermostat may be sticking.

C4L4IS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR '93 Calais
Im pretty sure they go on… If i remember correctly SC did it with V6 vengence or was planning to do the ecotec top end and buick bottom end anyway.. Il try find the mag and have a look to make sure..

You'll spend more money making them fit the buick block than getting a new set. Might as well get a fresher set of buick ones and sending them away to get professionally ported, polished and have the warping shaved away. Will be good for the turbo set up :)

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Hey man, you get that trip computer showing up on your dash yet? I'f not I might be able to help you with that

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
Not much has been going on really, just saving money.
Apart from a brand new clutch cable breaking out of no where.. Been pretty smooth :)

Got new tyres to fit my rims.
Front will be lowered shortly.

7F2D5CFA-A818-423E-BD04-F7A936348BCF-3618-0000057DCF150142.jpg

Cheers,
Jake.