Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability control turns off, check engine light, U0073 code, no cruise control, accelerator laggs

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Funny you mention that I did have the brake light stuck on a couple of months ago, I just stuck my boot under the brake pedal and levered it up, hasn't been a problem since but your suggestion will be my next party trick to try if the problem comes back, I managed to find time today to replace the harness, wasn't too bad a job on the ramps, just enough room to do the Gumby arm maneuvers up over the diff, etc, so I went for a test drive and noticed the throttle and gear changes are a lot more responsive, no issues with the cruise control or alarms for the stability control turning off, I even took it on gravel to test the stability control a little, just to see if it would throw a fault and no issues came of it, hopefully, I can cross that one off my list, to be continued lol
Thanks for sharing your results.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My quick google search lists U0073 as "Control Module Communication Bus 'A' Off" o_O

So in typical fashion, these overly complex systems still fail in identifying the real cause which has nothing to do with bus communications but was related to sensor wiring and a brake pedal switch fault :oops: