Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stall converters

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
well said devil to all on here if you cant back up statements dont comment ffs .

Not trying to sound rude here but just be wary yourself as you haven't exactly got the highest post count to be perfect every time. Just thought id mention it before a flame war could possibly start.

WarShrike

Reaction score
Website
www.fquick.com
Members Ride
2000 Pontiac Firebird V6
If you do a stall, I recommend adding a transmission fluid cooler. On most stock autos, the oem cooler is insufficient when you run a higher stall converter.

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
What brand stall converter does everyone recommend? Dominator any gud ? Whats the best brand type. I need to get a 2800rpm hi stall

FRDKLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s1
hey guys.
im getting stage 3 cams put in my vy v6. and shift points will need to be 6800 – 7000 RPM to maximise the powerband what stall torque converter should i get to handle it? whats a good brand? cheers

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What are the camshaft specs, because thats a really high powerband. As for what torque converter, get all the data and give it to a torque converter builder, they will pick the right one.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
hey guys.
im getting stage 3 cams put in my vy v6. and shift points will need to be 6800 – 7000 RPM to maximise the powerband what stall torque converter should i get to handle it? whats a good brand? cheers

Your engine won't be revving that high if it's a stock bottom end so forget the 6800rpm rev limit.

Have you got cam specs and some info about its power band, not just outright rev limit as this doesn't indicate power