Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stalling at idle

vy2guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore s2 v6
Bit stuck here people's 04 vy commodore v6 stalling at idle when stopped at lights or in park in the driveway 9/10 times it starts up straight away it's not temp related as it happens when cold too it started after i had the idler tensioner replaced about 4 months ago and ive been scratching my head ever since trying to find te problem. In the last 12 months ive replaced crank angle sensor temp sensor new battery plugs and leads fuel filter. car runs beautifully other than the stalling it idles nice then just stalls randomly

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
clean your throttlebody

vy2guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore s2 v6
Tried that still the same car idles nice

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Did you remove the idle air control (IAC) and clean inside the cavity?

It's this sensor that let's air through when the throttle is closed. Check and clean before replacing

vy2guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore s2 v6
Did you remove the idle air control (IAC) and clean inside the cavity?

It's this sensor that let's air through when the throttle is closed. Check and clean before replacing
I just sprayed throttle body cleaner in there and wiped it out I'll try cleaning iac in the morning last time I tried removing the tps off of a territory and the screws snapped lol. I was just looking and noticed the air intake hose is cracked and split I started it up and moved the intake hose it sounded like idle was a bit off

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yeap perished vac hoses won't help as air is bypassing the maf. Best replace the 3 hoses (iirc)

Throttlebody is only a few screws to remove and clean properly. Grab a new gasket before removal just in case