Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stalls when hot

Malakae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore s2
Hey all,
I have had a drama will my vx Commodore series 2.

When it’s ocer 37 degrees outside and I’m driving for 45 minutes or more. Once I hit traffic or let the car come to a stop it will stall.
I can’t start it again for 30 mins, I pour water on the crank angle sensor and that doesn’t help.
I have had the sensor replaced, a new ignition module put in it, and just incase I had a new fuel filter put in it. I have had it checked for codes and it comes up with nothing. I
Today I tested it again. Let it sit in the driveway running for an hour. I jumped and tried to reverse it, stalled...
I have no idea what the problem is.
I have 3 seperate mechanics who have no idea. They all say if it does it again they can have a look, problem is if I get a tow truck and get it sent there, by the time it gets there the car will start straight away.
Can anyone help :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What brand of crank and DFIs did you have fitted?

Malakae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore s2
Not 100% sure of ignition module, had a mate who works at Holden organise it and put it in.
The crank angle sensor was Delphi

Darryll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I have the same problem, can't figure it out. 2001vx

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If you know one of the Mechanics, maybe offer him a slab and/or both cash to come and have a look after hours, :rolleyes:
And go through the sequence of the fault with a process of elimination,
he maybe able to fix it, or let you know what is causing it, then you can fix it.
If its broken, it must be able to be fixed ;)

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
About 5 years ago we to had much the same issue, been highway driving for several hours and first set of light and she'd stop and what a terrible feeling then luckily she'd fire up but after a little winding over.
Hoped on here and asked much the same question and was told the throttle position sensor needs replacing. Replaced that and never had the problem again.