Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stance project VE SSV (help & input required please)

JNew

Reaction score
Ahhh all good. Just that they are the exact specs and finish as the ones on ebay, and if the bloke who custom made them for you brought them off and ebay and sold them on to you with his cut, I'd be pissed lol

Definetly keep an eye on them, las tthing you want is for a sudden blowout when doing 110km/h on the freeway.

I got them from a mob down here called Eye Candy. As far as I know (I researched for AGES!), at the time when I brought mine there were only 2 companies in Australia who could bring these wheels in at a custom offset in the polished finish, with both companies sourcing them from the US. Hefty price tag for a replica wheel but, indefinetly stronger than the ebay jobs. Would hazard a guess that the ebay ones are probably sourced from China or Taiwan, where they pump mass volumes of them.

What was the price tag per each wheel? It still beats the $1400 a corner for genuine. Na, I looked at the ebay ones and decided against that.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
What was the price tag per each wheel? It still beats the $1400 a corner for genuine. Na, I looked at the ebay ones and decided against that.

If I remember correctly, they were about ~$700 per corner.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you remember what your offsets are?

Still can't remember bud. How you finding the +20s all round? Looks like there might be some serious work requried to get it slammed down.

JNew

Reaction score
Still can't remember bud. How you finding the +20s all round? Looks like there might be some serious work requried to get it slammed down.

The front's will be alright with some neg camber, however my front coilovers are out of adjustment, as low as they can go. Will need some shorter springs I suspect. Rears have plenty more play in them, but you're right, if I want some reall slammage action the +20 will far too wide, to get ultimate tuck I would think I'll need a +30 to get the tyres well in the arches.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
The front's will be alright with some neg camber, however my front coilovers are out of adjustment, as low as they can go. Will need some shorter springs I suspect. Rears have plenty more play in them, but you're right, if I want some reall slammage action the +20 will far too wide, to get ultimate tuck I would think I'll need a +30 to get the tyres well in the arches.

Yeah, if you want some slammage, you'll have to back off on the offset, unless you want to REALLY massage the quarters and get it resprayed lol

If you do plan on selling the rims to chase some more slammage (and as long as the guy you got them from can vouch they're not from ebay haha), I could be interested in buying them off you cos I've got a mate who is keen on them, but doesn't want to slam the car (what a waste LOL).

JNew

Reaction score
Yeah, if you want some slammage, you'll have to back off on the offset, unless you want to REALLY massage the quarters and get it resprayed lol

If you do plan on selling the rims to chase some more slammage (and as long as the guy you got them from can vouch they're not from ebay haha), I could be interested in buying them off you cos I've got a mate who is keen on them, but doesn't want to slam the car (what a waste LOL).

They're definately not from ebay. The guy I got them off owns an import business bringing in all car stuff from China. I was put onto him by a mate who got some off him in the spec's he wanted and he's had no issues. I might take you up on your offer. PM me.

I'm just sussing out how to go lower on my front coilovers now.

JNew

Reaction score
Been away on holiday back home to NZ. So back now and thought I'd update with a few extra photos of the project.

JNew

Reaction score
Since having taken the above photos before I went away, you'll notice that the front isn't quite sitting right. I have added 5mm spacers to take the front wheels out to a +15 offset. Too be honest 7-8mm would be perfect. Tried 10mm but was too much. I've also put a shorter spring in the front coilovers because the ride height in the photos are the coilovers adjusted right down to their lowest setting. Below are a few pics of how the car was looking last night after the shorter spring install and ride height dropped another 25mm. If the weather is nice on the weekend I'll get it out for a few better pics.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Looked better on the standard wheels, Such terrible fakes. And it doesn't matter if they're from eBay or your "mate" All the fakes come out of the same place.