Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard Air Box

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I was hoping to get around the 500 engine hp mark with a completely stock looking engine bay no big exhaust no otrcai no headers .I was thinking head porting ,mild cam ,maybe vvt and of coarse engine and trans tune and what ever else it might take. this is for my magnum ute I do not want a gas guzzler or loud exhaust or lumpy idol or harsh riding I have enough of them STOCK LOOKING STOCK SOUNDING STOCK HANDLING any suggestions
You can definitely make a 500 bhp peak with HSV headers only, keeping all engineering same, tune tweak.
You can also make 500 rwhp peak, look / sound stockish to layman, emissions and noise legal, drive like a big block and use less fuel. Take a look, officer...
View media item 112View media item 107Regarding stock handling, is fine really. Once you are used to characteristics there are better drop-in dampers.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
You can definitely make a 500 bhp peak with HSV headers only, keeping all engineering same, tune tweak.
You can also make 500 rwhp peak, look / sound stockish to layman, emissions and noise legal, drive like a big block and use less fuel. Take a look, officer...
View media item 112View media item 107Regarding stock handling, is fine really. Once you are used to characteristics there are better drop-in dampers.
So hsv headers and tune only equals 500 that to me seems really good value or is there more to it

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
So hsv headers and tune only equals 500 that to me seems really good value or is there more to it
No, that’s 295 peak rwkw, of cours
e be careful what you wish for - by that I mean there’s more to performance than peak hp on a dyno.
I made that with an L77 HSV headers custom downpipe and Hi Flow Cats. Did have OTR but didn’t need it as it always runs flex fuel.
Problem for me was that HP is next to meaningless in 2.15t 5m Wagon geared for the Highway, you know, is not really a racecar.
After that I turned efforts toward higher longer torque plateau.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/pir4te’s-black-pearl.269708/page-2#post-2950532

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Yeah all this peak HP in NA setup is quite pointless on the road if you stick to the rules...

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I too wanted torque over HP, that was what I explained to the guys at the tuning shop. So, they only gave me somewhat meagre HP but really good torque figures. I think in the real world we don't live at 7,000RPM. I agree with above.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u want torque... try ethanol + 15psi + 2000rpm = freight train

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Sure bolt-on boost is an easy substitute if you can’t or don’t want to do the math and engineering stuff, but with courage and time on your side the pleasure of no-fuss direct response, tuned, all-motor that achieves same or better torque plateau (vs FI dome) is a rare reward in this day and age.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
what numbers?
lots... and its hard to quote numbers when all dynos read differently, but all i can say is if u end up getting a blower the second u drive it u will know what im talking about