Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard climate controls to electronic, can it be done?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Firstly Happy NY to u all,

Thanx for the info guys, i think ill close the door on this one.
Going by what Greg said there is alot of work inlvolved.
Sounded like a good idea at the time.

Cheers
Paul

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
its alright aussie, as you could imagine when you spend hours and lots of money on fiddling with stuff and you know for a fact no it cant be done, or can be with great difficulty, then someone says "yeh but this bloke on ebay says ..." its frustrating.

especially when your on a forum trying to help people out and Im sure if it could be done Greg would be one of the first to offer it as a product :p

But I think we're back on page one and understand the misunderstanding :D Off topic a bit, I would be interested to see what the ebay bloke acctually does offer.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
AussieHolden - Apologies, I meant that nothing like the way you took it. If we had been sitting at a table in the pub discussing this over a beer, you would've seen the grin on my face and realised it was very much tongue-in-cheek.

My point is that many eBay sellers will tell you anything - whether they know the answer or not. How many times have we all seen a VY cluster on there, advertised as being able to fit VY series 1, series 2, or VZ?? The fact is the NO VY cluster will fit in a VZ, and if you fit a series 1 VY cluster into a series 2, the fuel gauge works in reverse. It can be fixed, but it takes some programming trickery or a $400 replacement sender assembly! Funny thing though, they never write these details in the listing - simply because they DON'T KNOW!!

I believe NOTHING that these bozos tell me - I research it myself before I buy anything on eBay. You have no comebacks, apart from the feedback system they have - and who really takes a lot of notice of that, as long as the seller's rating is in the high 90s??

I would be VERY surprised if this bloke's "kit" contained everything that is required. Refer to my list above - it's quite a comprehensive one. From Holden, you would be looking at a couple of thousand bucks easily - more probably - and it truly would be a major undertaking to strip the car sufficiently to remove the old stuff and fit the new. It's a job I'd actually be hesitant to take on, and believe me I've had a lot of VY and VZ dashboards in pieces - both standard HVAC and climate control models. ;)

Anyhow, sorry again to have offended.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
as greg said, its not worth the money.

simple example is on ebay, vt/vx/vu consoles being sold as VY utter ****!

dont trust ebay EVER!

parovzsv86l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0l
im considering doing the conversion in my 06sv8, now ive been reading nearly everywhere that its expensive and timely now time for me is no issue i have plenty of it, the fact that the dash has to come out also is no bother as im replacing the whole interior with vz calais leather trim and also my dash because it had been damaged, the cost is where i am after some info i have a smashed vz calais so i have all the parts required to do the job, would the only other cost be in degassing and regassing the a/c because i also have access to a tech 2 for reprograming, or is there something im missing any help would be great as im starting this HUGE project this weekend and would love to do it all at once rather then have to pull it out again to do it thanks

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Good luck. You may just be a pioneer with regard to this conversion.

Lets us know how it goes.