Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard springs and ride height for 2003 HSV

Deadlegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY HSV
Hi all

I have just bought a 2003 VY HSV which came with 19" mags which are rubbing on the guards. I assume because it has been lowered.
Could anyone tell me what the factory standard ride height is and what the factory spring part numbers are?
I would like to keep the mags but would like to raise it up to stop the rubbing.
Sorry new to this and may be asking stupid questions but hope someone may be able to help.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
i dunno the exact answer but i personally would go to the king springs website, put your car into the website search and it will give u a few numbers/sizes you can research on

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What kind of wheels are they? Every chance they have an offset that's too positive or the tyre size is too big. Depending on how bad it's rubbing you might be able toi fix it by rolling the inner lip of the guard flat.

Typically stock/FE2 springs are black and anything aftermarket will be some colour.

Deadlegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY HSV
i dunno the exact answer but i personally would go to the king springs website, put your car into the website search and it will give u a few numbers/sizes you can research on

Thanks I will take a Look

Deadlegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY HSV
What kind of wheels are they? Every chance they have an offset that's too positive or the tyre size is too big. Depending on how bad it's rubbing you might be able toi fix it by rolling the inner lip of the guard flat.

Typically stock/FE2 springs are black and anything aftermarket will be some colour.

Yeah back springs are red, the front look to be a blue spring.
I had wondered about installing standard V8 berlina springs as this would raise it up.
Rims are BGW's 245's on the front 275's on the back.
I need to travel to work on country roads with four adults in it so think even with rolling the guards it may still rub.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Rims are BGW's 245's on the front 275's on the back.

Profile?
What kind of BGW? The wheels they sell look to have quite an aggressive offset. Standard springs would probably do the trick though, just grab some second hand.

Deadlegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY HSV
Hi
I have Installed brand new Berlina springs which has solved the rubbing issue.
Doesn't look quite as cool as it raised it up quite a bit but still looks ok.
The guys that installed them said they would sag about 10-15mm with time so should be ok.
Still have the other springs so can change back and try rolling the guards if I hate it.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
did u get brand new springs?

your best bet is to look out for just LOWs not super lows, cops cant touch u either for these, unless there in a bad mood