Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stanley socket sets any good?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My next shed will have a hoist instead of a pit but just 15a single phase. Unless your in business having the 3 phase tariff and charges bumps your power bill up a ####load as I found out some years ago. And as for the average DIY'r I don't think the extra cost is justifiable, unless you can write the cost off against your tax. As for 3 phase comps I thought they would be pretty much a must in a workshop?? Surely a 17cfm which is about as big as you an get in 15a, wouldn't cut the mustard in a garage??

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This isnt on tools but to put some of their Mark up onto perspective...

Price gouging low life's! No wonder people shop online instead. It's pretty obvious when their socket sets are around $300 for an average one. This is why i only shop for Repco tools when they're 40% off. Stupid marketing department!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Price gouging low life's! No wonder people shop online instead. It's pretty obvious when their socket sets are around $300 for an average one. This is why i only shop for Repco tools when they're 40% off. Stupid marketing department!

x2!!!!!!! I get a really good discount on parts and on most tool lines too but seeing the 50% mark up and the blokes behind the counter telling you they can't trim the fat anymore than like 20% on tools and even less on workshop tools is BS..... I found a place in Launceston just near work still undercuts Repco's best price on tools and this is a small Tassie owned Co..... Go figure. Even then I still get parts way cheaper on line for most things compared to Repco. When I lived in Adelaide I realised the mark up on parts, as Car Parts Plus a single local only store undercut Repco's by a mile.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmmm I need to get friendly with a mech's workshop and get my two drawer add on for a real discounted price.... Not this so called trade price they quoted me, telling me that's the best they could do as the margins were not high enough on those items.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:. The big issue in Aust is nearly every auto store has really high margins. When I had the Jeep I could buy parts cheaper for it from the States than I could by Holden and Ford parts. The only killer was freight but it still worked out cheaper if you knew which parts came out of the same warehouse which just took a few mins to figure out.