Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Start VFII SV6 without key

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I would be looking at who had access to the key because it looks like the fob was copied.

You can simulate what was explained on a passive entry/start vehicle by locking the vehicle then taking the battery out of the key so the pkes is disabled.
then use the key to unlock the door to simulate someone using a jimmy tool to open it.
When you open the door the alarm will sound so you get in and put the key near the console or inside the slot in the console if you like then just foot on brake and press start, the alarm will stop and you drive away.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Possibly the crooks simply did a man in the middle attach using a SDR and a laptop. As such they could have pinched a few rolling codes while your parents were locking or unlocking their car at a shopping centre car park. With those pinched codes, it should be a very simple entry and start process taking the same time as if you had the key. But may be these silly crooks laptop had windows 10 and was busy in a restart loop for 20 minutes after an update o_O:p

On a serious note, how would these crooks program a new key unless they had full access to GM’s workshop system which I thought was limited access for the security bits. I thought the security bits were simply not available via normal subscription.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Possibly the crooks simply did a man in the middle attach using a SDR and a laptop. As such they could have pinched a few rolling codes while your parents were locking or unlocking their car at a shopping centre car park. With those pinched codes, it should be a very simple entry and start process taking the same time as if you had the key. But may be these silly crooks laptop had windows 10 and was busy in a restart loop for 20 minutes after an update o_O:p

On a serious note, how would these crooks program a new key unless they had full access to GM’s workshop system which I thought was limited access for the security bits. I thought the security bits were simply not available via normal subscription.

If they "stole" codes from the pkes it would not have taken 20 minutes to open the door.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
.... With those pinched codes, it should be a very simple entry and start process taking the same time as if you had the key. But may be these silly crooks laptop had windows 10 and was busy in a restart loop for 20 minutes after an update o_O:p
If they "stole" codes from the pkes it would not have taken 20 minutes to open the door.
yeah I know. Was making a joke about Windows 10 :rolleyes: