Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starter motor replacement

iroczinoz

Reaction score
What I have to do to replace the:thumbsup: starter motor? I think there is not much room to pull starter motor out, someone was suggesting that I have to undo the engine mount, jack the engine up, undo 2 bolts on the starter motor and pull the starter motor out. Would someone tell me where the engine mount bolts are please?
Thanks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Which model?

adam b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon
Starter motor removal VR

I have replaced the starter moter without removing anything but the starter motor bolts and wiring. I lifted the front of the vehicle to get some elbow room, after removing bolts you need to turn the starter motor round a little and it will come down through the gap.

iroczinoz

Reaction score
Thanks Adam!!! I found a loose connection on the selenoid :) and it works fine now BUT??? ......it's good to know I don't have to undo toooo many things if it happens again
:)

juzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2008 anniversery edition V6
Starter motor removal VR

I have replaced the starter moter without removing anything but the starter motor bolts and wiring. I lifted the front of the vehicle to get some elbow room, after removing bolts you need to turn the starter motor round a little and it will come down through the gap.
Hi Ive found It , just wondering what type of screwdriver do you need to remove the cover plate Adam and size of torx bolts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi Ive found It , just wondering what type of screwdriver do you need to remove the cover plate Adam and size of torx bolts

Adam is long gone. What model is this. I don't recall the VR V6 having a torx bolt on the starter. Plus I don't remember removing a plate when I replaced one on my old ute.

juzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2008 anniversery edition V6
Adam is long gone. What model is this. I don't recall the VR V6 having a torx bolt on the starter. Plus I don't remember removing a plate when I replaced one on my old ute.
Hi It's 2008 ve

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon