Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting without the key

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
I have a VS, its parked in the corner of the front yard, in the dirt, tyres slowly deflating(been a couple of months now, I need to start it so I can move it onto the driveway, need to jack it up, for repairs/maintenance. I could find a tow rope, but the only other car I have is a ####ty EB falcon, it hardly pulls itself. I dont want to have to get/make a remote starter just to move the car. Did the immobilizer come standard on VS exec. if so, how far could I get, only need to move it 20 metres or so.
I've even heard the ECU could shut down, as a security feature.
Man. I dont know what to do, such a small problem, so frigging complicated.
ANy suggestions?

Thanx

MAtt

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Hmm then try making a copy and programming it to the car just how they instructions tell you on the new key, try starting it then.

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
It's actually for my sister in law, she bought a car for her her son, hes moved back to perth, i have the job, of looking at the car, seeing if its worth re-registering, scrapping, or whatever. She doesnt know what he did with the key. She has all the papers for the car, but no key. Where it is i cant put a jack into the dirt to see if he's trashed the undercarriage or drivetrain. If it's in good nick, I'll take on the project myself.
SO, thats it in a nutshell, I have to move the bugger, without a key, to decide what to do with it.

thanx for any suggestions

Matt

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Put key in ignition.
Turn to Acc.
Come back in 45 mintes to an hour.
Start car.

This should work, but you'll have to do it every time you want to start the car (if they key isn't working). Never tried it myself but heard it works :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Put key in ignition.
Turn to Acc.
Come back in 45 mintes to an hour.
Start car.

This should work, but you'll have to do it every time you want to start the car (if they key isn't working). Never tried it myself but heard it works :)

Not when you have no key it doesnt.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
well we're not gonna tell you how to hotwire a vs on an open forum now are we

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Not when you have no key it doesnt.

I skim read, thought he had the key but it wasn't working?

still pretty easy to do regardless but we can't really post that info here :)

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
take off steering shroud, remove the ignition switch off the back of the barrel an then do what nathan said, turn it to acc then leave it for 45min then try to start the car,, just use a small screw driver to turn the switch to the acc position,.
I have done this once my self except i left it for an hour to be sure,, an it worked but as nathan also said this will need to be done every time you want to start it, until you go to Holden with the rego papers etc an ask them for the security print out for the car an then take the print out to a locksmith an he will be able to cut an program a key for you from the info Holden gave you