Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stealth 3.0 Throttle Controller

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I'm just happy I don't have to wait for the turbo lag anymore....Haha!

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Even thou an old thread, thought id chime in and let you guys know i have the v4 controller and boy is it good... for the price i think its a damn good mod. The lag is GONE on the SSV redline.... can be put into fuel economy mode for petrol saving by lowering the rpm acceleration or put it to 13 for an immediate take-off. Happy overall :D

I'm looking at fitting 1 in a month or so in my VF2 Redline auto (320RWKW), does it just raise the RPM at idle, or does each setting increase throttle response? I've seen a few video's of other brands from overseas but haven't found much on these new V4 units.

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
I'm looking at fitting 1 in a month or so in my VF2 Redline auto (320RWKW), does it just raise the RPM at idle, or does each setting increase throttle response? I've seen a few video's of other brands from overseas but haven't found much on these new V4 units.
Does not change anything with idle or tune,it shortens the throw of the electronic accelerator. Standard open throttle is flat on floor,this allows that point to be moved so for example full throttle will be at half way to the floor or as little as one inch depending on how you set it. I have one on my BMW and it is great. I got pissed with throttle response after moving from a cable accelerator and this fixed it. I set mine to street mode (sprint booster) and now the accelerator feels and feathers like a cable set up. In race mode it's WOT almost instantly at touch so great for drags. Much more responsive driving experience and money well spent IMO.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
It dumbs down the tune, which is fine if you want a point and go thing. Doesn’t really make sense with an $80k investment but hells yeah would be a cool toy for a P-plater with an underperforming POS... oh, that is if it were legal and you were not culpable for installing such a device.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Does not change anything with idle or tune,it shortens the throw of the electronic accelerator. Standard open throttle is flat on floor,this allows that point to be moved so for example full throttle will be at half way to the floor or as little as one inch depending on how you set it. I have one on my BMW and it is great. I got pissed with throttle response after moving from a cable accelerator and this fixed it. I set mine to street mode (sprint booster) and now the accelerator feels and feathers like a cable set up. In race mode it's WOT almost instantly at touch so great for drags. Much more responsive driving experience and money well spent IMO.
So, it has no effect at all on the tune? All it does is reduces the distance you move your right foot? WOT in as little as 25mm...That's not improved throttle response. It's moving your foot less, for the same result
I haven't tried it and don't intend to. So, I may be totally wrong. But this seems like a total waste of money to me.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Seems like it activates Hoon Mode, the gummint will luv the extra revenue....

Karyn power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS series II commodore
Even thou an old thread, thought id chime in and let you guys know i have the v4 controller and boy is it good... for the price i think its a damn good mod. The lag is GONE on the SSV redline.... can be put into fuel economy mode for petrol saving by lowering the rpm acceleration or put it to 13 for an immediate take-off. Happy overall :D
Looking at installing one on our vf ss series II, I’m guessing stealth 4 best option. We have the idrive in our gxl cruiser and it has made significant changes.

Last edited:

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
I really don't see the point in these things, at all. 426Cuda has summed up my opinion very great:

So, it has no effect at all on the tune? All it does is reduces the distance you move your right foot? WOT in as little as 25mm...That's not improved throttle response. It's moving your foot less, for the same result
I haven't tried it and don't intend to. So, I may be totally wrong. But this seems like a total waste of money to me.

Karyn power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS series II commodore
I really don't see the point in these things, at all. 426Cuda has summed up my opinion very great:
We have one installed on our gxl cruiser and the throttle response is a great enhancement. Very noticeable. Going from that into the commodore can feel the lag. We have it tuned a cam, sports exhaust, air induction but after experiencing the difference with the cruiser am looking at it for the commodore.