Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steel or fibreglass bonnet??!!

kittycat

kittycat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7 A4
why do you want a new bonnet?

I just think it'll make her look a bit betta than she does atm! Yes i've had the whole 'under the bonnet' discussion with my brother 2 get more power & noise....which i intend 2 do....but am concentrating on the exterior & interior atm!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Even without the legal side of things, fibre glass has a shocking finish looks like they had a blind person do it humps bumps, no straight lines!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My mate put a F/G kit and bonnet on his VS ute, he's not my mate anymore, enough said.

That said, from what I've heard you can actually get fiberglass bonnets that are road legal these days. They are made in some particular way, not sure how, but they are apparently road legal.

Still, Steel bonnet ftw!

Last edited:

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Even without the legal side of things, fibre glass has a shocking finish looks like they had a blind person do it humps bumps, no straight lines!

pretty sure you are better off with a steel bonnet, fibreglass is mostly for drag cars, a mate of mine put one on and saved almost three tenths of a second. I dont think you really need one until you start pushing as s&*tload more power than a stock setup.

looks wise, they are pretty cool but i don't agree with this quote because EVERY car these days has a fiberglass front bar, rear bar and most have side skirts, i don't see any bumps.

kittycat

kittycat
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7 A4
Thanks 4 all the advice people!! Will definately go steel now :thumbsup: