Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering rack recall

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Dandenong, willing to travel to a good one.
It's a bit of a hike for you, but I'd recommend Sunbury Holden. They've always looked after me, and have done the same with my utes.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
My wagon had done 54 thou and never had an issue but i just got mine done on the recall,just do it,might just have to get an alignment afterwards.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
While I'm usually pretty scathing regarding dealers, I think this thing is worth taking the (very minimal) risk.
Thy've done it before, they know what they're doing mechanically ... and in terms of aesthetics they don't need to crawl around the interior of the car so it's unlikely they'll smear faece^D^D^D^D^Dgrease all over your car or anything like that.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
While I'm usually pretty scathing regarding dealers, I think this thing is worth taking the (very minimal) risk.
Thy've done it before, they know what they're doing mechanically ... and in terms of aesthetics they don't need to crawl around the interior of the car so it's unlikely they'll smear faece^D^D^D^D^Dgrease all over your car or anything like that.

Lol yea I will get it done. Booked it in today and there is a 2 month backlog anyway. Classic.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Lol yea I will get it done. Booked it in today and there is a 2 month backlog anyway. Classic.

Seems very variable. I got mine in the week after I called, but seemingly long waits like your aren't uncommon

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the replies, booked in at Garry & Warren Smith in a couple of weeks.