Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheel controls for vn/vp

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
any help would be GREAT. i want to know if there is a way of grabbing a steering wheel from a vy or earlier/later model with the steering wheel controls and placing it in my vn along with a headunit? in want of good steering wheel controls for my vn is all. cheers.

davydp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50TH Anniversary
I'm after the same thing can't find answers so I'm gonna go get vx etc... steering wheel with controls and unit that connects and see how I go, I got alpine head unit with no remote and thought I best to try this.
Sorry I'm no help at least I know someone wants same thing as me im sure to post results hoping I will be able to get all what I need soon.

Cheers

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Duno if they VY wheels fit on a VN, but a VS calais will its got sum crappyish steering wheel controls, but u will need to get a adapter to get it to work properly

6yr mine, whoa

davydp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50TH Anniversary
Ok got SWI-JACK and does work with VX controls 2 wires 1 black (earth) and lighter colour (signal) I have partly tested out but due 2 getting dark have 2 wait till 2moz (all I have 2 do is program buttons in)
another way I only just thought about make own buttons for cluster just momentry button with resistor, and intrgrate into buttons already there ie dash dimmer were spare place add new buttons, or on side were there is space were windoe washer and lights/parkers switch etc..

Cheers

P4tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII
RE: Steering Wheel Controls

any help would be GREAT. i want to know if there is a way of grabbing a steering wheel from a vy or earlier/later model with the steering wheel controls and placing it in my vn along with a headunit? in want of good steering wheel controls for my vn is all. cheers.

VX Onwards Use a larger Spline Size for the Wheel so it won't fit..

However you can fit a VX Steering columm complete to achieve
the final outcome but need to fit your original stalks ect.
Also you will need an aftermarket Interface for the controls as the VT-VX Buttons Interfaces to the Vehicle BCM