Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel vibrates when braking

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
Thanks. So it's acceptable for rotors to need machining after fewer than 16,000 kms? I'm thinking it's fair to push for replacement after so few kms? Do you reckon that's being unrealistic??

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks. So it's acceptable for rotors to need machining after fewer than 16,000 kms? I'm thinking it's fair to push for replacement after so few kms? Do you reckon that's being unrealistic??

I have seen rotors that have done 10,000K that need machining.....No third party person knows how you have treated the brakes....ie, whether you have gone through water, whilst they were hot, or you have used them hard and left them sit for an extended period of time, without cooling them down via normal use or even rode the brakes.

I'm not insinuating you have done these things, but unfortunately this is how it would be looked at. The offer of free machining I'd be taking up and then you have a record of the work performed via the dealership for future reference should the issue crop up again.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

It's your 'right' as a consumer to push for replacements, ask skylarking for advice.
Have you had the rotors inspected and measured for thickness, run out(swash/flatness) by an independent person?
Are the rotors out of tolerance?

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
It's your 'right' as a consumer to push for replacements, ask skylarking for advice.
Have you had the rotors inspected and measured for thickness, run out(swash/flatness) by an independent person?
They were inspected by Holden selling dealer when it went for service. Their report is attached

Attachments

• 20190507_174801.jpg
    20190507_174801.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 219

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Interesting the report says tyres due as well.....This may be something they could use in defense of the brakes being used hard, causing the problem.

I'd tread carefully with it personally

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Read about tyres being due as well.....Something they could use in their defence about the brakes being used hard causing the problem....

It maybe a way for them to try and make a few bucks from the OP.....The independant report might be adviseable before going any further....After all, it has to be proved that it was a manufacturing issue, not a user issue....And as stated, reading that report it makes it look like a user issue