Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel vibration

Black-vy-exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy executive wagon S2
Hmm. Mechanic did say one mount had dropped but shouldn't cause the vibration. But i'll make mention to him

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They are hifly. 235/40r18

That brand is notorious for being out of round....So there is a really good start.

If you are able to find a place that has an on car balancer (which is getting hard to find a place with one), these are a terrific tool to look at how a wheel runs when it is fitted to the car and discover vibrations associated with wheel/tyres

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
A quick trick if wanna test your mounts is raise engine and slide in under a cut piece of tyre lol let the engine sit on that lol

Redneck fix lol

skynyrd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vys ute
Had a similar problem, turned out to be a flat spot on one of the brand new tyres. Spotted it to the back & all was good.

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
May have already been answered but i have a shudder/vibration coming through the steering wheel at 90-100kms. I've got new tyres, alignment and balance are perfect, new front lower control arms, tie rod ends, rack ends, brake pads and rotors, new centre bearing on tail shaft. Mechanic is scratching his head. Shocks look good.
It's not even noticable all the time. Anyone else had this issue? 2003 vy exec S2.
Whoever replaced the control arm, well if those bolts on the top of the thread that hold the bushes in are not done up tightly so the bushes are squeezed you will get vibration, I bet you anything that it was from whoever did the control arm bushes did not do them properly