Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Install/Removal (VN - VS)

burto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
radio install vs

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I was using a Gregory:yeah::yeah:s and found the notes u wrote much easier to follow.

Thanks Again

Meerkatmichael

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra
wtf, supraforums has no where near as much DIY as this justcommodores do? you guys do everything yourself!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
wtf, supraforums has no where near as much DIY as this justcommodores do? you guys do everything yourself!

Almost! Some of us just make other forum members do it haha

For the thread, as mentioned, alot of that is not needed. I only removed the cover plate from the console to get at the 3 screws holding the radio surround in.

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Does anyone have any pictures of this? Makes things like this easier for me. XD

Or if someones doing this soon they could take pics? :O

NVME-69

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR CALAIS V8
how do i remove the stereo buttons from my 94 vr calais steering wheel it has a air bag in it ..... please help....

HSV_038

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn sv50
autobarn stock adaptors for everybody who doesnt want to cut wiers there about $15

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
wow, i need to bow down to you darren.
i removed my centre console just then and how easy it was following these instructions.
i felt confident following your instructions, every single step was spot on!
i recommend this diy to everyone.
altho pretty much my whole centre console is rooted due to the guys the previous owner had install the stereo, geelong car sound.
they broke the gear lever sliding trim, the big two screws at the front of the console, the piece of plastic running beside the heater controls on the console, and, the vents at the rear of the console for the back passengers is broken and the plastic going around it that goes all the way round the console along the side to the drivers feet.
and the piece that holds the stereo, is not there =\
so after being motivated today to take the door trims off, remove centre console and put the stereo in, ive been pulled to a halt having nothing to hold the stereo in.
have to wait till the week starts and make a visit to the wreckers.
look like ill be replacing the whole centre console =\
im thinking ill eventually go elec windows, should i get a console that has the buttons and stuff on the centre console and chuck it in or not worry?

cheers again darren, love the thread. +2 kudos :)
sl33per

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I too would have to say great write up. I just replaced a factory VN head unit with an aftermarket stereo and the step by step made it very easy. But bloody hell those screws at the back of the factory are a bitch to get out :bang: They certainly didn't go back in :yeah:

Dazz

robbbbo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Accliam Series II V6
hahah good work mate, easier then it looks ey

Xenarg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Great guide, but i have run into some trouble not a major hitch just an inconvenience.
I have a VS ute, in which i installed a Pioneer BT unit that i used to have in my vn (worked fine) but in the ute it seems to kill the power altogeather clearing any settings i changed (time, date, random tracks, display) so on. Im guessing its not the way the unit was put in, but the way the accesories work or something to do with the ute.. Any ideas?
Thanks