Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo whine series 2 VE HELP ME PLZ

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
electrical cable will be running parralel to the audio cables which will cause the whine, when you accelerate the alternator will create more electricyt in the system and there will be a bit of extra power in the system and making the whining noise

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Already been said and is not the only thing that causes it.

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
I think I have also answered this a couple of times. 9/10 times in a VE it is caused by the crossover position on the left side, if it is placed above the passenger kick it will induce whine (regardless if the stereo is on or off). This is caused by the fuse panel and battery cable along that side.

Best position I have found is behind the glovebox. Remove glove box, you will see the footwell heater duct, remove the duct and fit crossover in cavity behind air duct. Then replace duct and glovebox. I use this method in all VE's and eliminates any induced engine noise.

bazil89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SS-V sportswagon
im not sure if this is off topic, but i have just had 2k worth of pioneer stereo installed in my VE S2 SSV, and when i turn the car off, pull the keys out of the ignition and lock the doors, i have a small amount of like static in the speakers, which seems to fade after about 5 mins, but its still present.

is there anyone that can help me out?