Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sth Aust drivers (P platers under 25) to be banned from driving high powered cars

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LMAO!!!! You crack me up Craig! Hollocaust jokes are just sooooo wrong (but still funny).

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The reason I said 10 more idiots was more in reference to what I saw on this commodore cruise. Yes driving around normally you might see one or 2 people acting like absolute morons, but on this cruise I was absolutely shocked at what I saw. And in this instance, they were pretty much all V8s with p plates in the windows.

I know the cruise your talking about, and those people cant usually afford V8s. There usually poverty pack open wheeler peeler VN V6s.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Agreed. I drive on the Southern Expressway each day & the amount of young males (not all on their P's by the way) doing seriously crazy stuff in their Commodores, Falcons etc is incredible... is there no value on life these days? The new law isn't perfect, nor is any Government but they need to start somewhere & be seen to be trying something.

and how many of those commodores and falcons doing crazy stuff are high powered and not just 6 bangers........

DarkEnvy

Bam! and the dirt is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Berlina
I'm a P plater, but I'm all for this, too many P platers think they are unstoppable when they get in their cars. "P" stands for probationary if you didn't know, and if you are on your P's, chances are you have had less then 5-10 years driving experience, all it takes is a slippery road or something en-expected to happen and BAM, you would of crashed before you know it, an experienced driver in most cases will have far more chance of getting out alive or possibly un-injured.

I'm not saying P platers are bad drivers, I have got some good mates who are P platers and race go karts and are in the speedway. I'm just saying, stick with your P's for a few years in a v6, save your money, then when you are on your full license go out and buy a sweet v8.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, so bring it on.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
mate, im a p plate driver and i've been driving for 5 years.

the kid I work with was a p plater and has been driving for 8 years.

when i got done for driving with a mobile phone by a cop with a chip on his shoulder who has since told me if i'd gotten out of it he would have just thought of something else to get me with the week after.

When i was being targeted by sapol for years straight I was in two cars which they kept claiming I was hooning in, one was a V6 VR commodore, the other? a volvo 240 GL.

I learned how to drive in a VN and a Volvo 240 a six and four cylander.

by the time everything made it through court and the cop had me convinced he was going to get me no matter what, even so far as to saying that if his charges didnt go through he already had another blue form written up ready to go.

I dont really go near that area anymore and since I upgraded to a pimped out VT calais which is more powerful than ALL the cars i've had (and im a p plater with p plates up vibrantly) I never get picked on by the police.

It's the safest car I ever had. I have plenty experience driving all my experience says car restrictions are bs... I got done for so called hooning in two crappy cars that arent covered by exemptions and yet im a safe respected drive in my car which is now going to be banned to new p platers come sept.

Thanks to how I got done im on my P's until 2012... thankfully im exempt to the new laws.

The kid I work with has been driving 3 years longer then me... and he isnt...

He has a VZ senator 6 litre V8, his last two cars were a statesmen and a skyline gts r34.

This kid is the definition of hoon. He's a good driver and is the most experienced driver I know this kid raced cars on the track... i'd trust him to handle a car better than most people. I still think hes a wanker tho.

He lost his license... he gets it back in october therefore he's not allowed to drive his own car... and apparantly this is goign to stop him hooning. Lol it isnt. he's already said he'll just drive his car anyway (like everyone in nsw and victoria). Failing that he's already found the most powerfull car he can get under the new laws and its more powerful than my car.

Experience building to get people to drive safer? proven bs
Making it harder for hoons to hoon? Seriously proven bs.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
im glad i grew up in the country and had two paddocks and numerous cars to play in. its the persons mentality, not the car.

trombare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
they just like to blame the younger drivers even though most younger drivers that have been driving on dirt tracks ( more experience if you lose control if you ask me..) then most ppl 50 years old that have never had there wheels spin.. but hey! only 30% or something little like that is from P platers, compared to the 70% caused by fully lisenced drivers.. personally i think we should have to do a revise test every 5 years, main reason is cos laws always change, and alot of ppl 35+ got there license from the local cop shop hmm.. risk much?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
they just like to blame the younger drivers even though most younger drivers that have been driving on dirt tracks ( more experience if you lose control if you ask me..) then most ppl 50 years old that have never had there wheels spin.. but hey! only 30% or something little like that is from P platers, compared to the 70% caused by fully lisenced drivers.. personally i think we should have to do a revise test every 5 years, main reason is cos laws always change, and alot of ppl 35+ got there license from the local cop shop hmm.. risk much?

Do P Platers make up 30% of total drivers?

ConMan_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS HSV Enhanced 185i Sedan
wow, south australia, really catching up nationally! only 3 years behind the rest of the country now!
Haha down here in Tassie them laws will never make it. National road rules what a load of **** that is !!!