Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock Vh Sl/e. want cheap mod help

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I have a stock vh sl/e with a 202 blue motor and was wondering if anyone knows how i can get the car to have reasonable power with a good fuel economy for a low price .. any help appreciated .. cheers

D

DaGrimReaper

Price $0- Remove air filter from the varajet 2. KW gain=10-14 :yeah: Read it in a street machine article. Now you can take out those damn four bangers with those 5 1/2 inch zorsts :yeah:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REMOVE THE AIRFILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The air filter is a very important part in your car, it protects the internals of the motor from all the dust, bugs, stones, twigs and other general **** in the air. Leave it in! Although, if you run a piece of plastic flexi pipe from the air filter nozzle to the front of the car, it's pretty close to cold air induction;)

D

DaGrimReaper

You could buy one of those aftermarket ones. Their only like $30 and add a nice touch to your engine bay

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
i was thinking around the 500-600 dollar mark.. just that air filter thing acctually work. how much internal damage can it do

Silver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Calais
Re-read what trunkrattler wrote. He is spot on. Leave some type of airfilter in place. A cold air intake is a good idea.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Imagine going down the road with your mouth wide open at a 100km/h...how much damage do you think it would do? That fly isn't a little buzzing thing....it's a volatile missile.

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
Take off the old air cleaner but put an after market one. A set of extractors and a nice exhause system always helps. Maybe get the carby jetted or change it to a Holly.

R

Robbo88

Do they all fit?

Hey i was just reading through this thread, I own a vh sle myself - best looking commodores i recon, i dont know if this is a bit of a dumbass question but what do you do with the pipes that come off the standard aircleaner when you put on an aftermarket aircleaner that i would buy from somewhere like supercheap auto?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
make up some sort of a bracket and mount it as high up under the air cleaner as you can, have some clips or screws you can slide the hoses onto to make it look like they are conntected actually doing something that way if you get pulled over any your car gets a look over they will assume they are connected :)