Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stories of stupid mechanical stuff you have been told by clueless people.

Cordelia calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VY Acclaim
I was told by a mechanic that the lack of power in my vy was because the clutch was sticking, I reminded him it was an Auto and he said "yes well autos are the worst for it". I then told him that it was like there was something wrong with the fuel lines and he said "they are all connected"??? how stupid did he think I was???

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I had one guy telling me the other day that his vx v6 exec had 550 rwkw with just a blower. He also said he once had 9"11 diff gears in it. (yes I made sure he didn't mean 4"11). But come on guys, everyone speaks a bit of rubbish now and then. If anyone asks my ss does 0 - 100 in 5 flat lol.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
My mate reckons he's going to get 240rwkw in his ba xr6 non turbo from just an intake exhaust and tune haha.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
A guy at my course reckons they got a car to go from 8psi to 10.5psi from just an exhaust. Seems legit, he didnt even add a boost tap or anything.

I guy i knows mates changed the auto on their commodore, I see an auto and a torque converter separated. I loled.

A car a tech was brought in for a service, customer complained it was pulling to the left. it had 75psi in the front passengers tyre and 100psi in the driver front tyre.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
At that pressure was lucky to still have tires

Sent From My Galaxy S3 Using Tapatalk

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A guy at my course reckons they got a car to go from 8psi to 10.5psi from just an exhaust. Seems legit, he didnt even add a boost tap or anything.

I guy i knows mates changed the auto on their commodore, I see an auto and a torque converter separated. I loled.

A car a tech was brought in for a service, customer complained it was pulling to the left. it had 75psi in the front passengers tyre and 100psi in the driver front tyre.

First time I did an auto (16) it tied to put the torque converter in like a clutch. Bolted it all up but the box wouldn't go hard up against the engine. Tried to start it anyway and the box was holding the crankshaft stationary. Had to pull the box back out and try again the proper way. That was a 4wd mitsi legnum too (like a galant wagon from Japan)

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i love when the managers at my work talk the customer into believing that the color difference between the quarter panels and the bumper bar is because when you spray a plastic it changes color. thats true to an extent, static will orientate the metallic a little different. but not 10 shades out lol...

color is different because insurance only paid one hour to paint it and the painter didnt want to spend the time matching... man i heard some whoppers told to customers...

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
even a genius can get it wrong,remember Peter Brocks Fuel Atomizer? it destroyed his relationship with Holden

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
One guy in the VE cruise group on facebook claims his SV6 is 300kw at the motor. Asked him if he has a dyno sheet, had no idea what a dyno was. Asked him how he knows it's got 300kw and he says it's been tuned. "Dyno tuned??" we ask. "Nah my mate plugged a computer into it and now it's got 300kw".

Facepalm/////

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
One guy in the VE cruise group on facebook claims his SV6 is 300kw at the motor. Asked him if he has a dyno sheet, had no idea what a dyno was. Asked him how he knows it's got 300kw and he says it's been tuned. "Dyno tuned??" we ask. "Nah my mate plugged a computer into it and now it's got 300kw".

Facepalm/////

Bahahaha 300 out of an alloytec... Gold