Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strange fuel issue with 1989 vn

Wayneobro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 3.8 s1
Hi i I have a strange issue that maby someone might be able to help with before I take the pump back out ?
The car has been out of commission for about 4 years , drained all the fuel out , new fuel pump and filter . The car would run for about 30 seconds then cut out , this went on for about a week so I got the shits n left it for another month . Got back into it n it wouldn't do a thing but wind over .
Took the fuel rail off , cleaned all the injectors n made sure the flowed right , drain all the fuel out again n replaced the pump thinking maby it it might have somthing to do with the pump ( it was a new old pump, had it sitting around a few years ) soooo new pump , new fuel , new filter , clean injection and still a no go .
Took the line off the pump and turned it over , the pump is running but no fuel is comming out ? The pump is running as you can hear it . Going to take the pump back out tomorrow and blow all the lines out with compressed air . Was wonding if anyone else has had this issue before or any tips before I get back into it ?
Cheers

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Good idea to disconnect the lines and blow them out with compressed air- looks like the fuel supply line is blocked.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Fuel lines connected right way round under bonnet?