Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Street Outlaws

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
are you fkn serious? i havent watched it right through.

ive only seen an episode here and there on foxtel

Yep.. They had a pic of him and his dates.. They also showed a few clips of him stuffing about and picking a stubby lid out of a manifold that he dropped down there by accident..

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah the guy killed himself. Tragic really.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Watched 2 episodes. Utter crap. Oh yeah man so illegal next minute they are on an airfield with big generators and lights etc. All the fake drama bs is stupid to. Car's are nice don't get me wrong but it's just stupid.

first episode shows chief race a chick in broad day light in an industrial estate, shows chuck doing a power a run down the street, power skids, impersonating a person of the law. plenty of illegal **** happening...

and clearly big generators would be organised by discovery channel for filming.

try and picture the show without the camera crew. just a bunch of guys with tough cars.

or dont i dont really give a ****, shows awesome in my eyes.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too bad it's all staged. If it was really legit you don't think the cops would be at those guys door steps in hours? They have clear as day footage of them doing illegal activities.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I just watch it for the cool cars.. It's a red neck show with cool cars

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too bad it's all staged. If it was really legit you don't think the cops would be at those guys door steps in hours? They have clear as day footage of them doing illegal activities.

OKLAHOMA CITY - The stars of a national reality show are under investigation by the Oklahoma City police department. The Discovery Channel show Street Outlaws features drag racing on our city streets.
From go it's completely clear what the reality show is about and that it's illegal, At times, the show's stars race in front of Mark Metz's front door.

"It's very annoying because it's usually late at night and I'm trying to sleep," Metz said.

Avoiding and running from police is a big part of the show. But after the first episode aired Oklahoma City, investigators started watching and building a case.

"They've documented a lot of evidence for us to look at," said Police Capt. Dexter Nelson.

Investigators know the racers and where they work and have since discovered most activities occur outside of OKC's jurisdiction. They have also learned that it is not necessarily illegal.

"Some towns, they have permits to do certain things. We know there are airports around the metro area that aren't open and they do things there," said Nelson.

Still, Nelson says there are other aspects of the show, such as the testing of the vehicles that are clearly in Oklahoma City. In addition, he's worried the show is fueling interest in a dangerous crime.

"We're concerned about people who would do this to try and get on the show, we know that a lot of money and the bets they talk about on the show are staged."

Nelson says their investigation is still open. The show is done taping for this season and getting ready to start their second series.

OKC Police Investigating Stars Of Discovery Channel Reality Show - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Amazing. Yet they still got a couple seasons. Point still stands for me though the fake drama kind of ruined it for me. That farm truck is cool though. It's probably the only true street car amongst all the trailer queens.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh well like i said, shows awesome in my eyes. if you dont like it dont really see the point in you being in this thread.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh didn't realise you expected every one to jump in this thread saying it's so awesome. My apologies. Like I did say though I did watch it.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
apology accepted :)

didnt expect everyone to jump on board. like with anything you have your people who love it and people who hate it.

you've contributed to the thread and voiced your opinion (which is good, nothing wrong with that)

now why dont you let other people watch it and let them make their own decision on how they see the show.