Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stretched timing chaim

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Then pay and get it fixed. It would be working again by now if you werent hell bent on fluffing around trying to get money off Holden because your 6 year old car isnt working right.

Even though it's a "known problem", like i said in another thread. You dont see me running to Holden for them to foot the bill everytime my CAS or AFM plays up on my RB30. It's an old, USED car. It's not their responsibility to look after the car for the life of it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE... (TBA)
Where did you get this price from?

I have some I got from the USA last time i was there. Genuine GM kit with all tensioners, guides, chains, gaskets & seals required to do the job right! If you need a kit send me a PM.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
hey what do you mean superceded parts ? Does that mean you bought on of the dodgy timing chains that's gonna stretch again in another 3 years .... or the new alloytech's have different chains to the 06 - 10 models ?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I have some I got from the USA last time i was there. Genuine GM kit with all tensioners, guides, chains, gaskets & seals required to do the job right! If you need a kit send me a PM.

I do need one but don't take it personally when I say I don't trust you with $740 when I don't know you from a bar of soap and I have no buyer protection on here like I do with eBay.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE... (TBA)
hey what do you mean superceded parts ? Does that mean you bought on of the dodgy timing chains that's gonna stretch again in another 3 years .... or the new alloytech's have different chains to the 06 - 10 models ?

It means these new parts replace the original ones and have been improved to fix the original parts issue!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think superceded means 'cease to use' , so wouldn't a superceded part mean its the old model, not the new one ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE... (TBA)
I think superceded means 'cease to use' , so wouldn't a superceded part mean its the old model, not the new one ?

It's superseded mate and no it means it has been upgraded and is now appropriate for the job.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE... (TBA)
I do need one but don't take it personally when I say I don't trust you with $740 when I don't know you from a bar of soap and I have no buyer protection on here like I do with eBay.

I can list it on eBay for you?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
without opening the timing cover, there is no real way of being sure your timing chain has streched, it could be a tensioner that has worn.