Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

STRIPES!!! Whats your thoughts.

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
good on ya fabz you told us the cruise yiu wanted to put the strips on and you finally did,glad to see your building the car the way youve always wanted to ,follow the child hood dream:thumbsup:

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Now has clear side indicators and on order is the series 2 tail lights. Just scored a strobe light but im not sure where i wanna put it? Any ideas. I was thinkin in the grill or on the back parcel shelf?

Speaking to the panel beater on monday to sort out a time to do the coulor coding for now and then ill start to look at getting the kit soon. 1 more year then engine mods begin.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hahahahahaha, this is now the funniest ever mod to a VT i have seen. Dude, this is hilarious. Thank you for making my day better.

PS: I know its your car and your choice

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Now has clear side indicators and on order is the series 2 tail lights. Just scored a strobe light but im not sure where i wanna put it? Any ideas. I was thinkin in the grill or on the back parcel shelf?

Speaking to the panel beater on monday to sort out a time to do the coulor coding for now and then ill start to look at getting the kit soon. 1 more year then engine mods begin.

wen u say gettin a kit soon do u mean less than a year? id not worry bout colour coding if ur just gonna change the skirts later u can use that money on the kit unless u get a really good price on colour coding say $200-$300 i just dont think its worth the hassle just yet? up 2 u tho man.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
hahahahahaha, this is now the funniest ever mod to a VT i have seen. Dude, this is hilarious. Thank you for making my day better.

PS: I know its your car and your choice

Im glad i could help. :p

I cant make up my mind as to what the kit will look like so for the time being ill colour code everything and see how we go

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
From the quotes I have got color coding isnt exactly cheap. So I just wait around for bumpers to come up on ebay that are heron white and get them..so far I have got the back bar and skirts both color coded .. so far spent $100 just need the front lip color coded now.

From the quotes I got:

Skirts = $250 to $450
Back and front lip = $300 mark

To me it is a bit expensive this is why I started hunting and saved a lot of cash. And with that kind of money you could buy or nearly buy a decent kit.

Though on that hand you might know a good cheap panel beater.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Im glad i could help. :p

I cant make up my mind as to what the kit will look like so for the time being ill colour code everything and see how we go

You have my respect, at least you are man enough to take peoples comments that are against the look of your car. :)

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its all in fun minux hahahaha

As for the colour coding yeah i know someone how knows someone hahaha it will cost me paint and a carton. Hes on the sunny coast in QLD.

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
You have my respect, at least you are man enough to take peoples comments that are against the look of your car. :)

Ditto, my respect too.
But anyone not able to take negative comments should not be posting....
You just keep doing what YOU think fabz, good on ya.