Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stroked vs executive

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you sure its stroked thats the power a heads cam and tune ecotec will do

JAMES BARDOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
stroked vs
yer its stroked i got some the other day when i put a new sump gasket in it

motor should be back in this weekend then hoping to save for some white line sway bars and an lsd over the next few months also hoping to get some saas race seat off a bloke in town

want some opinions on were to put my gauges (water temp and oil pressure)
just above the sterio?
the gap between the drivers door and the dash?
or on my steering colum?

bit of feed back would be mint
cheers james

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
neat project there mate

JAMES BARDOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
stroked vs
cheers

if all goes to plan engine will be back in tommorw and im now looking at geting a gemini to drive every day
witch would mean ill have more money to spend on this witch would be nice

ill up load some from the other day when i had the sump off and from when i did the oil pump

any ideas for the gauges?

JAMES BARDOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
stroked vs
well motors back in but had lots of set backs as normal

to start with was pissing down with raiin and there wasnt enoff room in the shed so i was half out with a tarp over it but it held up long enoff
then snaped not one but 2 fly wheels bolts .. so had to go back to work and get them out plus get some new ones (love working at holden)
got that all sussed out got the motor all most in but wasnt bolting up to the gear box properly had me f#ucked for ages so i lifted it back out to have a look and i had left the spigot bearing in from when i have the manual bolted up :/ haha, got all that sorted out and now just got hook the power steering up and the radiator and fan and bonnet and few other little bit and should be all good. (all this was done on my own so made it a bit harder)

on another note bort my self a 1979 gemini on monday as a daily so the vs should see more shed time witch will make it easyer to work on as i wont need it to drive to work everyday
i havnt got pics up yet as iv lost my down load cable ill try get them up asap!
cheers james

Alf Stewart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 5spd
well motors back in but had lots of set backs as normal

to start with was pissing down with raiin and there wasnt enoff room in the shed so i was half out with a tarp over it but it held up long enoff
then snaped not one but 2 fly wheels bolts .. so had to go back to work and get them out plus get some new ones (love working at holden)
got that all sussed out got the motor all most in but wasnt bolting up to the gear box properly had me f#ucked for ages so i lifted it back out to have a look and i had left the spigot bearing in from when i have the manual bolted up :/ haha, got all that sorted out and now just got hook the power steering up and the radiator and fan and bonnet and few other little bit and should be all good. (all this was done on my own so made it a bit harder)

on another note bort my self a 1979 gemini on monday as a daily so the vs should see more shed time witch will make it easyer to work on as i wont need it to drive to work everyday
i havnt got pics up yet as iv lost my down load cable ill try get them up asap!
cheers james

Be sure to post a few pics of the gemmi!

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Hey mate, nice project you got going there man... Hope sh*t stops breaking on you so you can get it all running like a charm and put a nice big super charger on it :p

*also just thought you should know your link in your sig. doesn't work.. at all....*

DrZ

JAMES BARDOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
stroked vs
got it running saturday morning .. then went to a party in perth done 700 kms with no probs so its looking good off to tafe in it tommorw then its come apart gain haha gna hide some wiering smooth the stuts out and stuff

was nice to have it running again was start to loose hope for it
ill try put a vid up one day of it ideling reali quite lumpy haha ill get off my arse and up load some pics tonight as well!

ok cheers ill have a look at fixing that later some how haha

JAMES BARDOT

Reaction score
Members Ride
stroked vs
while finaly got off my arse so pics, free of the gemini and the bottem end when i had the sump of and one i took the other day when i was getting ready to go to perth
08072011.jpg

24062011.jpg

24062011003.jpg

18072011002.jpg

bit off an update to brother rote his stato off the other weekend so im helping him to fund a rebuild looking for a shell and will swap running gear over
so ill just be doing stuff that dosnt cost much to mine so far
battrys been moved to the boot today (all ready had all the stuff)
and im going to smooth the engine bay out started to hind some wiring today

any ideas about the over flow tank ? how can i hind it ? or would i be better off get a billet one ?
all input/ideas are welcome
cheers james