Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strut Brace - Makes a difference

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
200 for whilteline (nollathane's performance brand) thats good, i would have guessed 400 lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
200 for whilteline (nollathane's performance brand) thats good, i would have guessed 400 lol

the worst part is they don't stock much of the whiteline brand here so you need to pay a deposit to order it and then wait 4 weeks to get it. i was lucky, the guy who did the transaction stuffed it up and saved me $50:D

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
I just got one off ebay- the solid steel holden style from late models. Big difference in turn in, very noticeable. About $50 or $60 from memory

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
they are a budget option, for memory, they only bolt to the strut tower with 2 bolts, as opposed to the W/L which bolts to all of the top strut bolts, and are usualy adjustable as well

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
I got one of the cheap ones from ebay. Only cost me $60 full delivered. It feels like the car takes corners a lot easier now.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
The rally guys I know say dont worry about adjustable. I would prefer one which covered the entire plate, but the amount of flex from one side of the plate to the other is bugger all. Yes, the holden ones only use 2 bolts

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Love mine eh!! Feels soooo much better to hit corner with.

I wouldn't worry about a wheel alignment with it though, no point. (doesn't change any of it, just stiffens the front up)

sedate looking

Reaction score
Website
uniqueridez.net
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Caprice.
Called into my suspension guy today after hearing a rather nasty clunk this morning coming out of my driveway.. Anyway worked out the k-mac strut tops has **** out the bearings, so replaced them and put a nice shiney Whiteline strut brace on while we were there...

I really did not think i would notice much of a difference.. I was wrong, the car just steers with so much more precision now.. Point and turn , point and turn all the way home... Am not looking into bracing the rear in some way as well, after feeling the difference of a front alone.

19032008418.jpg