Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strut washer part number

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
from another blokes thread
strut-jpg.173201

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-with-my-vr-front-struts.235692/#post-2659549

Does anyone have a part number for the washer that is circled in the pic above? Holden's are saying that there is no washer in the place where the one is circled. They are telling me that there is only a washer on top of the strut top, just under the plate.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Can't help you with a washer part number, but knowing that you're needing new strut mounts for your ute.
Superpro strut mount kits come with new bearings and replacement washers.
Part# SPF1590BK......Polyurethane Bush - Performance Upgrade Kit
Part# SPF1590AK......Polyelast Bush - Standard Upgrade Kit

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Matt but I have ordered the parts already.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im wondering if the washer is built into the mounts? Because the broken one has what looks like a vulkinised washer sitting on the lower broken piece on the strut top. Don't know but I wonder if that could be why holdens don't seem to have a listing for the lower washer?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
FYI - Bit of a thread dig but I spent a few days trying to find this washer and the Part No. is GM 90223654 and is called a Stop Start bearing for some strange reason. See attached image. The grey washers are the top ones, and the silver taller domes one is for the bottom over bump stop.

Attachments

• IMG_20240315_172611239_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240315_172611239_HDR.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Lex

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
FYI - Bit of a thread dig but I spent a few days trying to find this washer and the Part No. is GM 90223654 and is called a Stop Start bearing for some strange reason. See attached image. The grey washers are the top ones, and the silver taller domes one is for the bottom over bump stop.

Actually from VR-VE they used the grey ones top and bottom, I actually think even the series one VF might've been the same, series two might've been when they went to the bigger bottom washer.
The larger bottom washer was originally a pedders design with a solid alloy one for their coil overs to stiffen the rubber strut tops.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Actually from VR-VE they used the grey ones top and bottom, I actually think even the series one VF might've been the same, series two might've been when they went to the bigger bottom washer.
The larger bottom washer was originally a pedders design with a solid alloy one for their coil overs to stiffen the rubber strut tops.
Interesting about the Pedders coilovers. Yes you are probably right but the washer size for the bottom is not critical as long as it faces downward and domes to not damage the bearing. It also cups over the bump stop but not as critical as the bump stop slides down but probably stops it pushing up off the shaft. The top one is more important to match the jam bolt and not impact the top plate. The flat part on it allows the bearing to spin. I believe its even totally flat on some models. That silver dome washer came with my Nolathane strut bearings probably to stop it eating into the sides. Believe the KYB sets use a similar one.