Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stupid charger

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hey i thought i would pull apart my crs stupid charger to see how it works
im told theres no serviing or andything ya can do to them
well i found a dipstick and drain plug so i thought hrmm ill have a look
well hehe took it apart and it sprayed oil all over me seemed ot be under a little bit of pressure dunno why
anywyas i need oil now anyone know what sort would be good like not motor oil but diff or gearbox oil maybe

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
id say send an email to CRS. they also have an FAQ on there page and im sure it has the answer for this question
EDIT -
What oil is used in the blower? The blowers come ready to use with sealed bearings at the front, the oil used in the rear can be any light gear oil such as Castrol VMX 80 or equivalent.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
cool
ive had it for 5 yrs on car now and took it off few weeks ago and thought ill pull it apart
was all crap oil inside so cleaned it all out and ill put in new stuff and off i go again:)

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Hey daron why not polish it while its off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
to hard basket
hehehe
sandblasted it and painted
but spilt oil over the hole bluddy thing now paints bit soft and comes off in ya hands
booked in for the 6th for remap so if all goes well it will be back on shortly:)

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
did u pull the front apart at all, i would be intrested in seeing pics of that if u have, when i pulled my standard pully off it came off, but left the bearing on the shaft, so i think i have to pull it apart to get the bearing off because of the big magnet thing that goes around it.