Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid teenage girls

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Picked up a few hitch hikers in my time, always in well populated areas though as it has only been myself in the car generally, I would be a lot less inclined to do it out in the country though.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Would never pick up a hitchhiker. Not my problem they can't get a lift / job/ car / taxi.

As for mates, if they are desperate and are stuck, ill give them lifts, if they just wanna get smashed and go out and want me to take them, i tell them to get a taxi or public transport. I always give my sister lifts to work and pick my missus up from wherever / whenever but she has a car anyways and doesn't drink. So she is usually not in need of lifts.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I dont pick hitchhikers up, Although I just about always stop for people who are broken down, ive sent many cars back on there way too.

99% of hitchhikers I see arn't even trying, they stand in one spot and wave at you or stick there thumb out, or run out to try and block you off and make you stop, but if they only would at least try to walk to there destination.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I love hitch hikers, slow right down and start to pull over, then take off, there face is priceless everytime :)
Or pull up, "Sick of walking mate", hitchhikers "Yeah" as they start to thankyou, say "Well start running" and take off lol.

In seriousness nah I dont pick up hitchhikers, the ones I have seen generally stink and I care for my car to much to have it smelling lol. But as DannyboyDS said, I always try and stop for people broken down, depending on where and when. I do alot of night driving on country roads so Ill always stop, but I wouldnt stop for someone in Melbourne in broad daylight caus really I wouldnt be much help to what they could get and would just waste my time.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I've had the opposite once... was walking home fairly drunk and some p plater bird picked me up and took me home...

Now I'm not a huge bloke or particularly mean looking... but If i was a creep... there is nothing she could have done about it...

Some people are too trusting... or just plain too stupid and get themselves into serious trouble...

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
At the start of last year, we had a very brutal murder, a bloke pick a 18yo up after she had been clubbing, and murder her in a very disterbing way. Her body was found a few days later in the bush. very sad time in our town. The murder wasn't cought for 3 months. The next saturday morning on my way to work at 4.30am, a young girl about 18-19 came up to me when i was at the bank, and asked for a lift home. There is no way she didn't know what happened the weekend before, because being a smallish town everyone knew. For all she knew i could of been the murder. I didn't give her a lift, But i hailed a taxi and gave the driver $20. I usually wouldn't care and just said no and driven off, but i couldn't drive off leaving her the to ask random people for lifts, when a murder was at large.
Matt

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah i hate hitch hiking gives me the creeps thhinking what people i dont know are like and im in their car with them ...... lucky ive only had to do it a few times

and you did this with what licence?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I keep my knife in the map pockets I've had trouble in the past never had to use it but its a good detterant

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I keep my knife in the map pockets I've had trouble in the past never had to use it but its a good detterant

not a very smart idea if you ever get your car randomly searched. even a baseball bat can get you in trouble