Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid things people do to their cars.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Bosozoku. It may be popular to some people, but IMO no, just ..... no... There's some things that shouldn't be done to a vehicle:

Bosozoku-30.jpg

Maybe someone famous owns that and they use it to perform concerts and they made the headlights stobe while they perform haha.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
stupid things some people should never do....

DRIVE

going to work this morning (before 6am), as usual.
some stupid idiot (green p's displayed aswell) decides to overtake everyone by using the EMERGENCY LANE
mind you there is a cyclist that was missed by probably 100mm by this person doing atleast 130+km/h in an 80 zone.

i know its not so much what people do but this is something they did =P

I was driving down a busy street through the suburb near my place, and I changed lanes to the right, behind a woman in a small white car of some sort, and a ute changed lanes into my lane where I was previously, all good no hassles, until the woman in front decided to change lanes infront of the ute, while the ute is next to her, so he brakes hard and she just keeps on changing lanes, missed his front end by about an inch, no ****, then she decides she wanted to be in the far lane, so in one swift change she keeps cutting infront of 3 lanes to get to the far left.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Thinking that chopping their springs is the best way to lower a car, then they have a cry because they damage their car (or crash is) and wonder why.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
That must be the famous "my front spoiler is bigger than your front spoiler" competition in post 288!

I have to add the plastic brembo brake calipers advertised on ebay to this thread. Nothing looks as tough like milk top brake disks with oversized fake brembo calipers.

Boonie40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute, WH Statesman
We have a bloke locally who drives a Rodeo Ute with a sticker on the tailgate with an arrow to the Holden badge which runs through the text "I was told to work my way up from the bottom" and up to a Ford Blue oval.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Funny how everyone here has their little beef with what other people do to their own vehicle. I am sure they may turn around and think something you have done to your beast may be sad, lame or other. Could pick on ricers all day long or the retard that does some dodgy job (which is where this started) or some other wanker that cannot drive full stop (normally those with P's or in someone else's vehicle) or those with the standard "must have items" from Autobarn / eBay specials.

Seriously though, you should never modify you vehicle in any way shape or form so as not to allow others to pick on them for being "something different" to anyone else . . . . . EVER! :rofl2:

My list would be;
Chev badges on a V6. At least the LSx engines are Chevrolet;
Altezza lights;
VT era vehicles that have been lowered but haven't bothered getting a rear camber kit installed.

Untitled.png

Funniest thing I saw was a VT Clubsport. What was so funny? First thing I noticed was manual window winders..... I thought to myself "What the hell", upon further inspection the whole car (base model) was fully re done with genuine HSV everything. Yep, lights, bodykit, seats, brakes, mags, badges etc. The only thing that was stock was the doors (manual window regs), dash and V6 engine. Why on earth spend all that money on something that will never be? Maybe to impress his boyfriends...

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Chev badges on a V6.
At least the LSx engines are Chevrolet;

Technically the LSx engines aren't chev. Chev use them, but they're all built by GM Powertrain. Chev get them from there the same as Holden do.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
One day Corvette owners will start putting Holden badges on instead of the chev badges.