Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid things people do!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Seeing the thread about the members son having troubles with his rego sticker sticking to the outside of his window (lol) i thought we should have a thread with all the classics people do.

These 2 were by my ex's Aunty.

Pulling up to the petrol bowser (giving her credit it wasn't her car) not knowing the fuel cap was on the other side. After a chuckle, she then drove around the bowser (180 turn) only to face the same problem.

Wanting to light her cigarette, but couldn't find her lighter, thought she'd use the stove. The starter wasn't working, so she went looking for the lighter you'd use for your over, then lit the stove, then lit her cigarette.:whistling

Also told a friend that the difference between my 3L VL and my 5L VP was in the VL i could put 3L litres of oil, and 5 in the VP.:p

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i watched a guy check his engine oil while the car was running, he must have been confused and thought it was his auto............i wish i had of hung around 2 c if he filled it up!!!

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
A mate got 2 paper clips and stuck them into a power point. He got booted about 3m backwards and was pretty sore for a while. He thought you had to touch the two paper clips together to get shocked.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Any longer term members may remember this one............guy posted on here about flushing the engine block, asking if it was ok to just use the garden hose:rofl:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Any longer term members may remember this one............guy posted on here about flushing the engine block, asking if it was ok to just use the garden hose:rofl:

Haha I remember this one!!! GOLD!!!

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute
Don't know if I posted this one before...

When I had just met my ex she rang me to say that her car (83 KB Laser) was low on oil the other day so she had been putting oil in, checking the stick, no change, more oil, no change, and now she was a bit worried because she had put 4 litres in and thought that should have been enough - although she still drove around for a day or so...

Of course she had put 4 litres into the radiator - must of been low on coolant as well...

I rang a mechanic to get his advice about how to deal with this situation, and his response, predictably, was "get a new girlfriend".

BTW he was right - I shoulda right then.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A guy at work here pulled up to the bowser in a brand new cab chassis diesel, and proceded to put petrol in it.

A long winded one,

Where I used to work, we had a young guy that wasn't the full tank. One of the other guys told him that to tell the difference between s/s exhaust tube and mild steel you had to listen to it. While it was on the rack, you put your ear up to the end and s/s sounds like the crowd at a football game. He listened, said he couldn't hear anything, the other guy listened again and told him he could hear it, try again. He tried again and still said he couldn't hear anything, then the other guy says, it must be half time.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Cheap ****s and there 2 c petrol vouchers. I hate doing the shopping... Standing behind someone who has 20 dollars worth of items, then they find out they need 30 dollars to get the 2 cent saving off petrol... So they go spend another 10 dollars. I actually worked it out the other day... Say you have a 50 litre tank and you fill up when petrol is about 1.20. If you used your 2 cent saving, you have just saved approx 2.50 off your full tank of petrol... Everytime i hear one of them say "Oh ill go get another 10 dollars worth so i can get my petrol docket" I just wanna drop kick them.