Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupidest reason for a Canary

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
if your car was bouncing around I'd certainly issue you with a canary, if I got a canary for my car bouncing around I'd want to get it looked at as it may be not safe to drive on the road due to worn shocks, incorrect shocks, incorrectly installed suspension you name it.

Sure the fine would piss me off but the 4 times in my life I have been pulled over I have yet to fail the attitude test.

First time driving from Melbourne to Adelaide for shits and giggles got done just east of the boarder, pulled over when I saw the cop starting to do a u turn, was stationary with licence out ready by the time he got to me, when asked how fast I was going told him around 120. He checked my details, handed back my licence and said to keep it a little lower, and watch out for the "pigs" the other side of the boarder!

Second time, random stop as I had just dropped my brother off at work at 6am. Usual stuff, blow in the bag, all good have a nice day.

Third time 100km/h in an 80km/h road work zone near Meremere. Saw the cop, as above pulled over and waited for him, he dropped the alleged speed down to 90km/h and an $80 fine. All sorted in 10 min and then off again to the drags.

4th time I pulled a U turn at 4am where it was clearly sign posted no U-turn. Cop followed me in to the car wash, breath test etc, asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I said that I did a U turn where sign posted no U-turn. Joked with him about the odds of 2 cars on the road that night and one being me and the other an unmarked cop car, had a laugh, took my $80 fine and we both wished each other a good morning.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
So today I went into vic roads, they checked it and passed it straight away and I didn't I didn't even need to change anything, shows the cop didn't know much about what he was doing....

Send them a bill for your time ;) lol

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
yeah and then expect them to "randomly" pull you over outside your house, your work and when youre doing the shopping.

Claim it as a win and move on.

hey, for that to happen all you have to do is flirt with their ex or a girl that's rejected them, yet they seem to love sleeping with OPW's ......... hmmm

Reversing out of driveway without indicating was a noice one, but I hold no grudges as we were all young and stupid in our 20's ;)

Simon[SSV-G8]

Simon[SSV-G8]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10 Special Edition G8 Utility
Hey there

I got done for something just as stupid on my other car, where the cop pulled me over, looked around for ages, couldn't find anything, so decided my exhaust was illegal because he didn't like the angle it was on.
I pointed out to him the RWC requirements for exhaust systems, exactly why mine was perfectly legal, within the allowed rules for exhausts under RWC, and had passed RWC with it on.
He didn't agree, defected me anyway, insisting that no exhaust anywhere ever could have an angle on it other that dead straight outward flow, parallel to the road out the back. I agreed to disagree, he didn't agree to that either.
As it was on my way and i was VERY confident of my car being 100% within RWC requirement, I drive straight to VicRoads(15 min drive), waited an hour, got inspected, was cleared with VicRoads saying no "Identifiable issue", and went on to work.
Defect sticker was on the car for maybe 2 hours tops. Complete waste of my time.

VicRoads recommended I keep a copy of the RWC requirements on me in case I run into that same officer again, and remind him he can check the rules from his car at roadside prior to applying defect notices.
They also said If I could complain to his Commander/Supervisor/"whatever", or if that went no where, to call the police ethical standards unit if I felt the police refused to hear my concerns.

I neveer did bother going further, and since then Im now in my my SSV ute, and in a different area of the city :)

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
I got pulled over the other day and I asked about an OTR and if it was legal. 3 cops had no idea and one of them was highway patrols boss. They all said go to the RTA and ask. If it is legal get it written then carry the paper with you. Don't bother about asking for $$$. In NSW they tell you see you in court and you have to get it thrown out. Not sure if its the same in VIC.

Goodluck.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Attitude goes a long way, play nice and what goes around will come around, cop tried to do me for 85 in an 80 here in qld (road works and speed had been dropped from 110) I got "noticed" because when I overtook a truck gave it a bit of welly and of course with a modded car (more noise), this was on a 4 lane highway ( I had just merged and was behind a semi who was going slow in the left lane) I watched him follow for a while then on came the lights. YES I was speeding but as I pointed out too him that we were being passed by lots of other cars he would look a bit stupid in court as I will contest it (as he agreed others were passing us). The conversations between police and offender (alleged- are recorded now-a-days) so you can request that to be heard in court
bottom line in is stand up and be noticed you will get noticed (literally) and have to suffer the results of your actions (right or wrong) but if you have a good attitude to the boys in blue even the cranky no holds barred fine em at all costs pain in the arse ones, you will find they aren't so bad, they will tell you to pull your head in a bit and be on your way, usually with a polite warning

ATTITUDE RULES THE ROAD!!!!!

Mufudzi

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen to me in Victoria cops followed me down a hwy for about 5km then pulled me over and said we believe your car is a V8 and you do know that P-Plater cant drive V8 yes? i said yes im aware of that. opened my bonnet cop looks disapointed he then went and picked on my OTR saying they are illegal for p-platers he looked at the rest of my car looking for defects couldnt find anything else (even though my car is lowered) a HWY patrol shows up behind him and says P-Platers are allowed to have OTR's so they let me off. it just goes to show your attitude towards them is everything.