Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub and amp install | how to

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
I mounted a 4 channel amp under the seat of my vs, was a little large and fasioned a cover plate sort a of a Z shape to look at it from the side, then attached it to the floow and the amp with velcro, stopped people kicking the amp.
Another point to think about: is there any specific point to run the amp power cable through the firewall that is easy. Remember it was a pig of a job in my VS and took ages to finesse it through, and hoping someone has some ideas on how to do it in a VZ, whether there is a spefiic spot to go through

My power cable runs up and across the engine bay and through a small grommet behind the passenger side strut tower. There is a large grommot with part of the engine loom in there and then there is another grommet a little lower.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
theres also the clutch grommet on the driver's side if you have an auto. A little bit easier to get to than the one on the passenger's side.

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
theres also the clutch grommet on the driver's side if you have an auto. A little bit easier to get to than the one on the passenger's side.

Fair call couldn't find one on mine. I got a manual.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
sub and 2 amplifiers...can you run 2 amplifiers by commoning one fuse?beacause i dont want to have one fuse for every amp i run
mate run as many fuses as you want, just make sure they are all rated less than the cable.