Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub and amp.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
would it be better having 2 x 12W1V2 jl subs which are single 4 or single 8 ohms???

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
For that Jaycar amp, you'd want two 8 ohm subs. You would wire them in parallel to 4 ohm.

As I said before, look at the tutorial section on the JL site... All your questions are answered there.

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
SikVX01 said:
would it be better having 2 x 12W1V2 jl subs which are single 4 or single 8 ohms???

I can vouch for the w3, very nice sounding sub. I have a single 10" and it is enough.

W1s are not near as nice sounding subs as w3s. 1x12w3v2-d2 would suit, or 2x 12w3v2-d4.

If you would rather have two ok subs (w1) than 1 really good one (w3), then as StoneX said, you need the 8 ohm model w1 to suit the jaycar 2x150 amp.

W3v3 are out now, haven't heard one yet. Seems to be cosmetic changes, apart from nicer connectors.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hey dude how's it going?

If you don't really feel like learning about parallel and series and how it affects impedance (ohm load) then here's an easy way you can check what ohm speakers and what quantity of them will give as the ohm load at the amplifier, just use the tool at this link: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

You just select what ohm rating the speaker has and whether it's DVC or SVC (Dual Voice Coil or Single Voice Coil) and how many speakers there are and it'll present you with example wiring diagrams for the options you have. Cheers, Bryce.