Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub connectors

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
My main reason for not using terminals of any form is that they are just another place to cause resistance.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
garfa said:
i could see a lot of people snapping the terminals off.
Only in dodgy installs where the sub box will move. If your box is secured, there is no issue at all.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
I personally use a "Speakon" connector. (specifically designed for high power PA speaker applications - each plug/socket has four contacts rated at 30A continuous) That's cool too, as it allows both coils of a dual-coil driver to run out the the plug, making your coil wiring options easier - you don't have to pull the driver out of the box to change the config.

They allow me to quickly remove the sub box connection with one action, and will never allow the wires to touch when not connected. They are a bit spendy though.....

BTW - Hey Ray! :thumbsup:

jds303

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS EXEC S2
speakons are cool, i never thought of using them in car audio tho. they would be great for dual coil drivers.
im with 12 volt, it might be the occasional pain in the arse to have to disconnect the wiring from the amp if you need to remove the box, but cable straight from amp terminals to woofer terminals is my preference.

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
"Speakon" connector?

Can some one point us in the right direction.
Where to get some, or at least what do they look like.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Speakons are pretty cool and they do handle EXTREMELY high current flows and yes they are a little spendy but hey. If you want a reliable quick connect and disconnect then you want to be using speakons.

I have used these several times in car audio and swear by them in PA systems.

Expect to pay around $30 for one plug and socket if not more.

00056304abb.jpg

BTW... Phreddy, I haven't forgotten about you even though it seems I have :) Glad to hear your doing ok.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey 12V - never thort I'd see your endorsement of a plug/socket assembly!! ;)

Yeh, sorry Mate - been pretty bloody flat out as usual, although have a bit more time on my hands now. (heh-heh)

(you did hear that I got the arse from work, huh?)

Anyhow, I'm doing OK. I'm gonna give it a shot at going it alone - trying to get a lot of stuff set up ATM, biz registration and ABNs 'n' stuff, supplier accounts, blah-blah.....

BTW - hey Circle! how's your project coming along?? Have you lined up a climate control module yet? As soon as you do send it on over, I'll "do the bloo"... ;)

Anyhow, gotta run for now. Cheerz All! :thumbsup: