Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub randomly cuts out then returns?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I know it's not hard mate... watts is roughly half of RMS? C'mon mate... your being a bit of a muppet now.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
1watt is 0.707wattrms. Please educate yourself on the matter. I'm not dealing with this anymore as someone who clearly doesn't know is attempting to tell me I'm wrong or don't know. Good luck with that.

I'm tired of dealing with stupidity.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Mate, I'm just asking for clarification. That was all. All I attempted to do was offer some advice on an area I know a little bit more about then you think I do.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Then if you know more about it then I think. How have you confused me saying 600wrms and 1025w as being both rms. I'm dumbfounded as to how. I know the difference. I know the electrical principals and I know audio installation. I have worked out as well. My amp if indeed it is a 1025w amp. The correct figure is 724wrms and not the 600wrns claimed by alpine. To convert back the conversion is 1wrms is 1.63w.

I'm not doubting you may know what you're talking about. But you have somehow misread what I have clearly typed and ran with it. Dispute my efforts to correct you.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
So you really want me to point out what you've been saying and how there can be no confusion?

Mine does the same thing. Running a p3 600wrms Rockford sub with a 600wrms alpine amp. Except I know what my problem is. Because of the distance between battery and amp I should be running 2 or 0 gauge from battery to boot to a capacitor and a 4 gauge power and ground to amp off the capacitor. My cable gets hot and has already popped three inline fuses and melted 2 fuse holders because of the excessive power draw. That's with it turned down to a suitable bass level. Could still get more if I upgrade wiring.

Yup, I think it's pretty clear what I'm trying to point out

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Can I also point out, that this thread is not about you or your system. It's about someone having trouble with their system. So far, you have added nothing of substance to help the OP out. If you really want to argue with me, create a new thread or PM me.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Can I also point out, that this thread is not about you or your system. It's about someone having trouble with their system. So far, you have added nothing of substance to help the OP out. If you really want to argue with me, create a new thread or PM me.

Arguing with you is pointless. As you're wrong. My initial reason for commenting in this. Was to point out that I have the same issue. Which is power supply in my case. So that could have helped him. I still don't see where I went wrong. As for me, which is the same problem as him. I had to upgrade wiring. Then people started telling me I'm wrong. I won't start a thread about people telling me I'm wrong when I know I am not. People misreading what I am typing.

So to avoid staying off topic. You think I'm wrong. You message me. For op. What size power cables is he using. What size amp fuse. Inline fuse.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Your right. I am wrong. Sorry mate.

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
wow i just read alot of bullshit for no reason. hahahaha.
and to keep this on track im running 8ga with a 50 for my inline.
it seems to be going nicely these last few days with my gain down low and volume staying under 3 quarters. maybe i actually cant get enough power draw?
although i still think if that was the case it shouldve shown up months ago when i installed it all?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Slightly off topic, But:
Why are we all using fuses? My system ran through a 200amp circuit breaker. It made life so much easier, press a button to break the circuit and work on my system, flick it back to test it or if I was finished. Saved heaps of time unscrewing those stupid little fuse holders. And it never needed replacing if overpowered.

Just sayin'

Mitchone, if funds allow you should upgrade to larger power and ground wiring, plus a bigger fuse (or circuit breaker) as this may fix your issue and will also allow you to upgrade or expand your system a bit further later on down the track. (amped speakers etc)