Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subaru seats to commodore

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
So my mates got a pair of neoprene bucket seats from a crashed wrx in mint as condition and it just so happens iv got springs poking me in the back in mine, so wondering if anybody has ever changed the commodore rails over to the Subaru seats? I used to have mate who whenever he did seat conversions he used commodore rails cause they were cheap as and nearly always fitted but anyways if anybody knows that would be Awsome!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
It can be done if your handy with a grinder and welder.

But it won't be legal unless it gets engineered (any modification to seat tracks/rails requires engineers cert) so your car will be unroadworthy and potentially invalidate your insurance policy, would be much cheaper and easier to just buy replacement commodore seats.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Well knowing that would be the case in terms of modification I was more leading onto if it could be done with no welding hence being still okay but if it can't be done I have a friend of a friend who could engineer it but not sure what it would cost..... Commodore seats too expensive for what u get in my opinion I can get these one for free :p

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Commodore seats too expensive for what u get in my opinion I can get these one for free :p

If you are complaining about the cost of commodore seats then Engineering + labour modifying rails will be way too much (engineering anything starts at about $500-700 and can get into the thousands very quickly) where as you can pickup commodore seats for under $100

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Righto guess that's decided then! Lol thanks guys