Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subs again...

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone ever herd the 10" Alpine Type-S or 10" alpine Type-R???? what did you think?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
How many threads do you want to start about subwoofers, and what type of comparison is it comparing 2 subs from the same manafactuer? Of course we've heard of Alpine, sort of a weird question. The type R range has it's fans, personally i don't like them ( i don't hate them) i just think they are over priced, based on experience too i purchased a type r 12'' a few years back. I have one of their head units though, but that's a different story........

Anyways, what's the point again? Oh yeah, stop starting threads and just buy the sub you like the sound of !!!!!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Heard both, don't like either. Buy a Mach 5 IXL 18", I like how that sub sounds.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
About 5:30 in you learn about the sub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
How many threads do you want to start about subwoofers, and what type of comparison is it comparing 2 subs from the same manafactuer? Of course we've heard of Alpine, sort of a weird question. The type R range has it's fans, personally i don't like them ( i don't hate them) i just think they are over priced, based on experience too i purchased a type r 12'' a few years back. I have one of their head units though, but that's a different story........

Anyways, what's the point again? Oh yeah, stop starting threads and just buy the sub you like the sound of !!!!!
You don't need to reply to my threads.... Is there anything wrong with doing research... I was not asking of anyone has herd of alpine but what I was asking was if anyone has herd the two to make a comparison... Thanks for your greatly appreciated time mate

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
You need to do a search, there would be 20+ threads in the last few years asking about Alpine Type R / S

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
But why would you compare 2 subs from the same manafactuer? It's like saying let's compare the Holden V6 against the V8.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You don't need to reply to my threads.... Is there anything wrong with doing research... I was not asking of anyone has herd of alpine but what I was asking was if anyone has herd the two to make a comparison... Thanks for your greatly appreciated time mate
The key word in research is SEARCH :) Those subs are international, so there'd be hundreds of results about them if you search Google and actual car audio forums.

But to state the obvious, Type R costs more and sounds better and requires more power, Type S costs less and doesn't sound as good and requires less power.

Agree with the others, stick to one thread, no need for several different threads from the same person about similar topics.

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
iv heard on paper it's different but sound wise they are the same