Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subwoofer Cutting Out

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VX SS, White VQ 5ltr
Hi guys, When i get the sub working it only lasts for a few minutes when driving then cuts off. It will come back on when you go around a corner for a min then cut off again. Could this be earth? Everything is conected properly. Were is the best spot to put the earth in a vx ss. Really bugging me.

Thanks

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sounds like a dodgie earth. Are all the wires connected to the amp tightly? Where's the amp located?

I just sand back under a factory bolt as my ground. I'm using the bolt that holds the back of the rear seat in as a ground atm in my vy

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
atm the earth is on the right hand side of the boot. Theres a reverse sensor fitted at its just hooked upto the bolt there. All wires connected tightly. Sub works fine when car is in driveway but when moving only last few mins. Go around the corner it cuts out, go around another one it comes back on. Amp is on back of sub box now, done the same thing when sittong next to the sub aswell.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
When it cuts out, stop the car and see if the amp is ON, OFF or in protection mode.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
could be a crap amp, i had the same problem. i ended up getting a new sub and amp, and its worked fine since

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
have it playing... and wiggle the wires around? Like at the earth mount, Battery connection.. wires at the amp itself.. and etc and see if it turns off..

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
i wriggled all the wires when stopped and doesnt cut out at all, got a new sub because thought it was the old sub and still does it, amp worked fine in my old car but all the wiring was there from previous owner.