Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subwoofer

anon3130

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
I’m buying my boyfriend a subwoofer for his vn but have no idea about subwoofers lol. My budget is $400, what would be the best one to buy? and do I need to buy anything else along with it or just the sub? Thanks! I want one that just makes the overall sound quality better not one that’ll just change the bass

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
The sub will play all the low notes and take that stress away from the speakers so they can focus on mid and high range notes.

It all really depends on his current set up.
Sub will need a box for it. It will need an amplifier to run it. And the wiring kit for amp and sub.

Maybe if you find a nice 10" or 12" sub with box.
Then depending on headunit and if an amp is already fitted, you are most of the way there.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Take the car to your local "car stereo" joint and ask for options and a quote fitting your budget

A sub box can take up a good chunk of space in the boot, and will possibly need additional stuff to run (amp and wiring), plus you can get powered subs that have a built in amp

You're not going to get alot of change from your $400 budget though

https://strathfieldcarradios.com.au/subwoofers-1/