Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suitable VX diff ratio?

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
Hi guys, after some thoughts on what diff ratio to put in when I rebuild diff. Berlina sedan with LS1 is mafless has 315kw....so not standard. It currently has a 3.46 ratio lsd out of a VY Maloo but is on way out!. 3.46 is good off the line but I just wonder if there is one more suitable etc 3.7, 3.9?. Top speed is not required but I would like to keep the quick take off....Anyone with any thoughts on the most suitable ratio??

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hi guys, after some thoughts on what diff ratio to put in when I rebuild diff. Berlina sedan with LS1 is mafless has 315kw....so not standard. It currently has a 3.46 ratio lsd out of a VY Maloo but is on way out!. 3.46 is good off the line but I just wonder if there is one more suitable etc 3.7, 3.9?. Top speed is not required but I would like to keep the quick take off....Anyone with any thoughts on the most suitable ratio??

3.73 for an auto and 3.9 for manual. I put in 3.73 in my auto vxss and if you want fast take off, thats what
you will get. Totally different car to drive from factory diff ratio.
3.9 will see ya revs up too high for highway cruising, so 3.7's are a good choice. Buy genuine gears
though as aftermarkets are cheaper but they can whine and will drive u crazy!!!

MrSirWantalot

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV GT-P Boss 335 & 2000 VX Berlina 5.7lt (toy)
3.73 for an auto and 3.9 for manual. I put in 3.73 in my auto vxss and if you want fast take off, thats what
you will get. Totally different car to drive from factory diff ratio.
3.9 will see ya revs up too high for highway cruising, so 3.7's are a good choice. Buy genuine gears
though as aftermarkets are cheaper but they can whine and will drive u crazy!!!

Thx mate, got diff rebuilt with 3.7 gears, new bearings, seals etc......and yes it is a different car even breaks traction in 3rd from a traffic light take off....cool

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
3.9 would be awesome on a manual

you could actually used 6th gear!

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
what happened to the 3.46s? 4sale?