Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 35 (2023)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I've never really got into the summernats style of burn out, I prefer stuff like drag racing, motor khan's, go to whoh??, engines sitting on the limiter makes me cringe

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Whoops again. I’m not finding info easy to come by.

Indeed, reporting is terrible.

I got more info from an ABC article.

You'd think the organisers would be right across it.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Yes, locally here anyway. They have yearly drags and a burnout "Competition" here, there are dozens of cars gone to the wreckers after the weekend. Thinking about it when I was a young bloke there were a lot cars cut down for speedway, FX's, J's, XT's, Xy's even a few 2 door XM/P's cut up for speedway cars. Decent cars of that vintage are now cherished, times change. At least there was some skill, fastest driver won. I know people say it takes skill to spin your wheels and make smoke, I disagree. Some people think growing a mullet is a special skill, I'll agree mullets are the funniest.
It's a bit like walking around with the arse out of your pants (Tracky dackies for you bogans), everybody's laughing at you and you think your cool :p But if that's your thing then by all means, go your hardest.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Why is it burnouts have grown to such worship by Bogans? They carry on like there's some skill in spinning wheels running on the limiter and destroying an engine.
its more involved then just going out and doing a skid, there are technicalities to earning the points, also when prize money is in the 10k-40k per event u win its kinda not bad for a weekend of spinning your wheels

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
For tyre shreading fun I would rather watch drifting

This...takes real skill

Reactions: Lex

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
This...takes real skill

A driver that is in a vehicle that is no longer in control and maneuvered in such a way that looks like its in complete control IS skill, no matter what event it is.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i can say even not knowing anyone's driving skill on this forum to try this and see if it takes any skill, keep peak revs, keep moving, go to all sides of the pad, instant/continues smoke, cant stop or reverse, dont touch the walls... :D