Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof for VE Ute

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Phantom Black Ute MY10 M6
Hi lumina01. The Sunroof is a Hollandia 300, its size is 360 x 810, measured from the outside. It has two pre set buttons, I've set one to open all the way and just stop short of the antenna. It can go about another inch further but it hits the antenna, might look into a bee sting aerial. The other setting I've got it to just tilt up. There's manual buttons as well so you can stop it where you like. When the ignition is turned off it automatically closes after 3 seconds, you can over ride this by pressing any button within the 3 seconds. Here's some better pics.

P1000669.jpg

P1000670.jpg

P1000671.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000673.jpg

P1000674.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
great pics mate, thanks again.

that aerial looks out of place with the sunroof though... definitely go beesting type.

1BEAST2NV

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 (MY09) VE R8 6.2ltr M6 475rwhp
Gotta love a sun roof, thinking about putting on in the clubby

what did they use to cut the roof open????

Did it scratch the paint or crack it at all??

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
After marking the cut out and masking it up, it took him all of a couple of minutes to cut it out using some type of air powered tin snips, it went through it like a knife through butter. No scratches or marks and the cut out looked perfect. I was a bit nervous watching though.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Irrelevant, but did you get to keep the cut out part of your roof? :p

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you decide to go ahead and get the sunroof installed as aftermarket, then you must understand that all vehicles produced and sold in this country must comply with all aspects of the ADR (Australian Design Rules). One of those requirements is for roll-over crash/crush protection. As Holden have stated, the roof of any of their production vehicles with factory sunroofs have additional strengthening and bracing. The risk involved for you and occupants in the event of a roll-over might be catastrophic. Besides your insurance company could also decide to no longer honour any policy you may have as your vehicle may no longer be roadworthy.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If you decide to go ahead and get the sunroof installed as aftermarket, then you must understand that all vehicles produced and sold in this country must comply with all aspects of the ADR (Australian Design Rules). One of those requirements is for roll-over crash/crush protection. As Holden have stated, the roof of any of their production vehicles with factory sunroofs have additional strengthening and bracing. The risk involved for you and occupants in the event of a roll-over might be catastrophic. Besides your insurance company could also decide to no longer honour any policy you may have as your vehicle may no longer be roadworthy.
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

You're a virgin aren't you?

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4

ha

How long did it take?. Did he come out on site?
What was your grand total all up

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride

That's gold, lol.

It was installed in my own garage, cost $1550.

I checked with Holden and my insurance company and all is good. The insurance company sent me an updated policy with the modification noted on it.